Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I would like to say that I am very mature and have a grown-up sense of humour ... :okay:

I am therefore deeply embarrassed to admit to my guilty little secret, finding the uber-crude and infantile dialogue of The Inbetweeners VERY funny. :whistle:

And as for tonight's discovery of replays of the show with an attractive woman trying to keep a straight face signing the uber-crude and infantile dialogue of The Inbetweeners ... :laugh:

ColinJ

Wrong channel AGAIN ... :banghead:

You bought yourself a quality 48 inch HDTV. HDTV stands for High Definition TV. It means that the TV can display a nice big clear picture. Unfortunately, you always select the SD version of BBC1, ITV, Channel 4 etc.on your PVR so we get to squint at a big fuzzy picture instead of enjoying the big clear picture!

(I did point it out the first half dozen or so times during my visit but it isn't my house or my TV and it seems rude to mention it again, but it is slowly doing my head in! :wacko:)

ColinJ

Next time he pops out, open up the TV Guide on his PVR and hide all the SD channels that have HD equivalents...
I thought about doing that, but last night we were watching the BBC news in HD (after I had reminded him to switch over) and after that we got a notice saying that the local news is only available in SD. He watches the local news so I can't mess with BBC1 or ITV SD. Actually, I should be able to do the others ...

The root of the problem is that he has memorised the PVR SD channel numbers so he can get to them quickly without going through a clunky TV guide but he hasn't memorised the HD channel numbers. We have now put those in his diary so he can check, but I think he will take a while to get into the habit of using them. (I suspect that his 70 year old eyes don't really notice the difference between SD and HD but my 61 year old eyes certainly do!)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I too like to catch the local news headlines, particularly in the morning, and it is a pain that BBC HD don't carry them, so I tend too end up watching SD unless I remember.
Me too!

Why, when I have my office phone on 'DND' and the door pulled to because I, wait for it, do not want to be disturbed because I need to concentrate on what I'm doing, do you decide, EVERY time, that you have to interrupt what I'm doing? Why? Bloody why? It's always for something trivial too. Grrr. If I submit an HMRC return incorrectly, or accidentally pay someone £10000 instead of £10, it will not be my sodding fault :gun:

Lullabelle

Banana
Ok, I have put out cups, saucers and spoons and yet you still use the sugar spoon to stir your coffee then put it back in the sugar bowl so now the sugar is tainted and in clumps, the other spoons are untouched, and you have used a spoon then placed it on the table leaving a puddle that will stain instead of putting it on the saucer :cursing: I would hate to live in your houses

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ok, I have put out cups, saucers and spoons and yet you still use the sugar spoon to stir your coffee then put it back in the sugar bowl so now the sugar is tainted and in clumps, the other spoons are untouched, and you have used a spoon then placed it on the table leaving a puddle that will stain instead of putting it on the saucer :cursing: I would hate to live in your houses
People who put wet spoons in the sugar bowl should be thrashed with sticks.

Top Bottom