Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lullabelle

Banana
We are going to a smart restaurant not a Wetherspoons! No doubt most of you will be drunk by the time you get there and get drunker by the minute, it is a farewell meal not a p**s up.

"That, object you've just parked in the (already rather full) bike parking, blocking two spaces in the process, is a motorcycle, not a bicycle, the clue is in the loud noise it makes when you drive off. I know it's raining slightly, but if you want covered parking, go and ask the shop to provide you with covered motorcycle parking instead of taking up ours."

Last edited:
"I don't like sports. So stop telling me I should. I don't tell you you should make models do I? so why is your hobby somehow different?"

"Also, I don't care who won yesterday or who didn't. Just because you like football doesn't mean you can assume everyone else does and treat us like we are strange because we don't share your nerdy fascination with the sport. Go and talk about it to someone else who does."

I can't say this because people I know enjoy it and don't understand why others don't.

To be honest, I find the lack of understanding and empathy the most annoying part: I get it a lot from extroverts who don't understand how wearing it is for an introvert to be surrounded by people all the time and get upset that I'm not 'talking to people'.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Dear Adam in Wakefield [And Another Thing... in today's METRO TALK].

Once again you are stuck in a bus 'going nowhere' in a traffic jam on narrow roads. The air is polluted. In your opinion, the problem is that the council caused the traffic jams by using some road space for 'rarely used' cycle lanes. Presumably, without those cycle lanes the traffic would be running freely and the air would be clean and nice to breathe? :whistle:

How about getting your a*se off the bus seat, onto a bicycle saddle and making use of the cycle lanes that you are complaining about? If a few thousand other people joined you then the traffic problems would be much reduced!

ColinJ

Dear Adam in Wakefield [And Another Thing... in today's METRO TALK].

Once again you are stuck in a bus 'going nowhere' in a traffic jam on narrow roads. The air is polluted. In your opinion, the problem is that the council caused the traffic jams by using some road space for 'rarely used' cycle lanes. Presumably, without those cycle lanes the traffic would be running freely and the air would be clean and nice to breathe? :whistle:

How about getting your a*se off the bus seat, onto a bicycle saddle and making use of the cycle lanes that you are complaining about? If a few thousand other people joined you then the traffic problems would be much reduced!
Great minds think alike ...!

Advice.jpg

:laugh:

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I have no reply, because I am shocked into silence.

Why do you think it is acceptable to shout so aggressively at me like that, when the "problem" is not my fault. Furthermore, when you realised it was not my fault, why did I not receive an apology?

An apology several hours after the incident will not be acceptable.

ColinJ

I would just like to say:

Yes, there are thousands of us getting bombarded by spam emails. I was getting 30-50 a day, but then one of you decided to use Reply All and blitz us all with an angry tirade that the spammers auto-responder would just have ignored. And then thousands of you started using Reply All to those replies ... And as for those of you using Reply All to all of us telling us not to Reply All, and then using Reply All to the other people telling us not to Reply All ... aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!!! Ignore the b*st*rds and just delete everything. :wacko:

PS 28 more dumped into my Junk Mail folder, but 4 had made it through to my Inbox. That was in just 4 hours. No, another just came in - 29!

Last edited:

steven1988

Veteran
Plus, they probably applied the 'poof' appellation to you. Added spice in Sheffield was that not only did one have to love football, it was the flavour of the team which mattered too. They'd often narrow their eyes and say 'Wednesday or United'... I've nothing against the sport (I'm abstracting the obscene money and playacting/cheating), I'm just not particularly bothered about it...

Funnily we had a new agency lad start with us today and that was the first thing we said to him.

Top Bottom