Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I can see that it is terribly frustrating for you.

I had the opposite problem - the buyer (who was not in a chain and supposedly had the money for the deposit) was taking months to sort it out. I gave a deadline to set a date for completion, but that passed so I instructed the estate agent to start showing more people round the house. The would-be buyer then stormed into the office and started bad-mouthing me for trying to 'gazump' her. The agent pointed out that (a) I had not increased the price and (b) It was her own fault for not completing or even agreeing when to complete.

I finally gave the buyer 5 days to come to an agreement or to forget it. Under that pressure she did not agree a date - she actually managed to get her solicitor to complete in 3 days! :laugh:

On the flip side ... As a buyer, I let an amazing house purchase in Hebden Bridge slip through my fingers. I could have got a 4-bedroomed house in a fantastic elevated, south-facing position, with a great garden and spectacular views over the town and Calder Valley for about £20k in 1987. My offer had been accepted but I was under incredible pressure at work so I kept putting off sorting things out with my solicitor. The deal fell through. Years later I saw the house back on the market for over £300k!!!! :banghead:

We've given the same ultimatum.
No answer from vendor or solicitor.

sheddy

Legendary Member
'BBC Radio 2'
FFS, there is no need to keep reminding me, I chose to select the station

If you were in this situation in the UK, you would be in Jail, not a nice threrapy centre where you can get help and training and be treated with respect. Stop getting in a flounce because we don't put out a red carpet when you turn up after six weeks of absence.

I don't say it because sadly, he's so psychologically screwed that he wouldn't understand. Poor kid is 26 coming on 9 and utterly bewildered by the adult world.

potsy

Rambler
To the taxi driver that thought it was ok to mount the pavement this afternoon, almost running me and my dog over in his desperation to save 5 seconds of his precious time... didn't want to wait behind a vehicle turning right, but it was a large van so he had no idea if anyone was walking there...

"You sir are a #**#*#** a hole!!!

Cavalol

Guru
Queen and The Beatles are over-rated tedious dross.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It will not have time to get hot, but it will be heavy, and possibly coated in butter.

Without fear of contradiction, I can say that wearing a frying pan at a jaunty angle as you walk away will not impress anyone. That is regardless of any notion of fashion as to whether the handle should point forwards or backwards.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It will not have time to get hot, but it will be heavy, and possibly coated in butter.

Without fear of contradiction, I can say that wearing a frying pan at a jaunty angle as you walk away will not impress anyone. That is regardless of any notion of fashion as to whether the handle should point forwards or backwards.
:eek:

I think I will get back to trying to find out why my Windows export template isn't working! :laugh:

Genau

It's 7.45 a.m. and already you are boring us with another anti-cyclist rant whilst filling your fat face with crisps. Do you not realise how ridiculous you look?

alicat

Legendary Member
Was it you who liberated the floral saddle cover off my bike - the man whom I pulled up for passing me too close on the way to the supermarket and who admitted you did it as a punishment pass for taking up too much space on the road?

Well, for info I didn't really like the cover and I am secretly glad to be shot of the unwanted gift.

BTW don't forget I'll probably catch up up next time you pass me.

Top Bottom