Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm sure that the local recycling crew would like to thank you for allowing your bloody Hound of the Baskervilles*** to pee all over my recycling boxes. I would like to thank you too. I have to put the boxes on the pavement directly in front of my house, on a route that is used by a fair number of sometimes unruly people on their way to and from the local pubs.

I am always worried that some of the home-coming drunks will be tempted to empty the contents of the boxes onto the pavement as they pass so I don't put the boxes out until after post-pub-staggering-home time.

Collection day had been put back because of the Christmas/Boxing Day bank holidays. It should have been Friday, but was scheduled for Saturday instead. I therefore put the boxes out at 02:00 on Saturday morning, expecting them to be emptied at about 09:00 on Saturday. It didn't happen. I left the boxes out expecting them to be sorted out eventually but it didn't happen during the day. I went on the council website and saw that the collection had been put back to today (Sunday). Not wanting to leave the boxes exposed to drunken pranksters last night, I brought them back into the house, intending to put them back out again at 02:00 today.

I plonked the boxes down on my tiled kitchen floor and instantly became aware of a fetid greeny-yellow puddle oozing out of the boxes. Not only were my floor and recycling boxes dripping with stinking dog p*ss, SO WAS I! I smelt like an entire wolf pack had scent-marked me! :cursing:

I put the boxes back out immediately, notwithstanding potential drunken pranksters. I mopped the kitchen floor, stripped off and chucked my dog-pee-stinking clothes in the washing machine, scrubbed myself using a soapy nailbrush and then went to bed. 30 minutes later, I got out of bed and scrubbed myself again because I kept getting whiffs of that damn smell. In fact, I had to get up regularly until about 04:00 because the smell kept coming back.

To cap it all, the recycling boxes STILL haven't been emptied ...

Yeah, thank you, considerate dog owner - I love the smell of dog p*iss in the morning!

*** I didn't see the dog in question, but judging from the amount of liquid involved, it must have been the size of a pony!

ColinJ

Before anybody suggests it ... It wasn't human urine, from those drunks. If it DID come from a human then they have a dire health problem and should get their kidneys checked out ASAP!

ColinJ

Hell, you keep strange hours, Colin. :wacko:^_^ (It may have been a weekend buy I bet you put them out at 2am on a Friday morning, ordinarily). Why not put the bins out, say, at 7am?
Because I probably wouldn't have got to sleep until 03:30 - 04:30 and wouldn't want to get up again to do it! :laugh:

They sometimes start the collection just after 07:00 so that would be the latest I could do it. Getting up at (say) 08:30 could be too late.

In this case I had to contact the council to tell them they had missed us out after Christmas. The recycling vehicle finally came round before 09:00 today and picked up the recycling. Good job - every container was full to the top.

Can I be paid to stay at home and get better please?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
If you must have a garden bonfire do not do it on a day with little wind blowing towards my car which is now covered in ash which could damage the paint if left and pretend you cannot see any ash. Bl—-dy holiday home owners.

Top Bottom