Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
I do think that shade of lipstick suits you. I need to test it thoroughly.

Lullabelle

Banana
I know you are taking the p*** but I am happy to let you think I don't know, your games amuse me it is like being back in primary school, I may bring in some stickle bricks tomorrow for you to play with.

Genau

Shut up!

To someone who is going into tedious detail explaining how he disposed of his Christmas tree. Real step-by-step detail. All in a jolly "I sorted that out quick-smart, don't you know" voice. It's eight in the morning, I really don't care.

This conversation piece was prompted by a newspaper article because he just loves reading out newspaper articles first thing in the morning. I am going to have to either get some headphones or go for a career-limiting "STFU you boring ****".

Lullabelle

Banana
You may well have a treadmill and rowing machine in your garage but I doubt you actually use them despite you running prowess bragging, you are 45, your gut is now so big it actually hangs over the waste band of your trousers, the buttons on your shirt look as though they are about to pop off any minute.

perplexed

Guru
No.

I'm not doing it.

This is the third time (at least) that you've dropped that particular little bombshell on me with no notice, you absolute get. I've been telling you for over two years that you are sailing very close to the wind. Now you've put me in a position of having to undo your f*&£)&%g mess yet again. It's not bloody fair - I've made it absolutley clear that I find this unacceptable.

Not only are you choosing to ignore our previous face to face discussions on this very topic, you are actively undermining me by speaking to &&&&& to get the answer you want to hear. You utterly disrespectful t£*t. How dare you go behind my back. I don't care what they tell you, that's not the deal.

Not only that, you wouldn't have bothered to tell me about this until the last second - I've found out by accident.

I've said how I feel. I've said I don't want to get involved and I'm not obliged to. Undo your own s*^t.

You're on your own. I'm not backing down.

Actually, I did say that... (I may have been slightly more diplomatic).

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Please employ people with brains
And can people who presumably have brains kindly employ them!

I was cycling home today and saw two young mums deep in conversation and walking towards me on the far pavement. Their 2 toddler daughters were just ahead of them and free to roam. One of the mums looked in my direction, which from experience of dozy pedestrians I took as a sure sign that she intended to walk out into the road directly in front of me. I had started braking before it even happened...

Yes, the mum did walk out. So did her friend. As for the 2 little girls - they ran on ahead! :eek:

I was paying attention so nobody got hurt but if they keep doing that kind of thing then sooner or later it will end in tears .... :thumbsdown:

Last edited:

Dave7

Legendary Member
You may well have a treadmill and rowing machine in your garage but I doubt you actually use them despite you running prowess bragging, you are 45, your gut is now so big it actually hangs over the waste band of your trousers, the buttons on your shirt look as though they are about to pop off any minute.
Hey....hang about. Its actually in our spare bedroom :blush:

Lullabelle

Banana
And can people who presumably have brains kindly employ them!

I was cycling home today and saw two young mums deep in conversation and walking towards me on the far pavement. Their 2 toddler daughters were just ahead of them and free to roam. One of the mums looked in my direction, which from experience of dozy pedestrians I took as a sure sign that she intended to walk out into the road directly in front of me. I had started braking before it even happened...

Yes, the mum did walk out. So did her friend. As for the 2 little girls - they ran on ahead! :eek:

I was paying attention so nobody got hurt but if they keep doing that kind of thing then sooner or later it will end in tears .... :thumbsdown:

Good job you were paying attention, that could have been nasty and of course it would have been all your fault for not looking :dry:

perplexed

Guru
Stop 'organising' group activities and then devolve responsibilities to somebody else. You then don't turn up, leaving someone else to hold the baby, or possibly worse, you do turn up and someone else - who didn't want the 'random group' activity in the first place (or worse, didn't even chuffin well know about it until they arrived) has to sort your mess.

There are safety considerations involved. Aside from that, it's rude to throw in an unqualified 'variable' person into the mix without the other parties agreeing in advance. Not to mention, extra, unknown people upset the dynamic and the pure logistics.

And when this is pointed out to you, and not just by me, don't argue the toss!

Top Bottom