Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

perplexed

Guru
I'm definitely getting slow-witted - it took me 5 days to work that one out! :laugh:

^_^^_^^_^

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
STOP... SENDING... ME... BLOODY... FUNERAL... PLANS!!! :stop:

I have officially had enough of them. I treated the first couple as a joke, but they are really starting to depress me now - I have received 2 more in just the last 3 days!

I was close to death in 2012. I didn't think I was going to make it. I suffered PTSD from the experience, and several times an hour for well over 2 years I had morbid thoughts about dying. Mercifully, I eventually started to feel better and I did my best to dismiss those negative thoughts ....

But here I am in my 60s, well aware of the fact that with my health history I will be lucky to live even another 20 years. I don't need to be reminded every week that my days are numbered. These damn funeral plans are making me feel that I will pop my clogs on my very next hilly bike ride! :cursing:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Teresa don't be so farking stupid

perplexed

Guru
STOP... SENDING... ME... BLOODY... FUNERAL... PLANS!!! :stop:

I have officially had enough of them. I treated the first couple as a joke, but they are really starting to depress me now - I have received 2 more in just the last 3 days!

I was close to death in 2012. I didn't think I was going to make it. I suffered PTSD from the experience, and several times an hour for well over 2 years I had morbid thoughts about dying. Mercifully, I eventually started to feel better and I did my best to dismiss those negative thoughts ....

But here I am in my 60s, well aware of the fact that with my health history I will be lucky to live even another 20 years. I don't need to be reminded every week that my days are numbered. These damn funeral plans are making me feel that I will pop my clogs on my very next hilly bike ride! :cursing:

I keep getting 'assisted living apartment' with 'lots of activities' brochures addressed to me personally, rather than generic mailshots.

I'm in my early 50s.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I keep getting 'assisted living apartment' with 'lots of activities' brochures addressed to me personally, rather than generic mailshots.

I'm in my early 50s.
Annoying, isn't it!

I don't normally watch TV advertising - I usually record programmes on commercial channels so I can skip the ads - but a couple of times recently I put something on in the background while I was working on the computer. What did I see - funeral plans for the over-60s and life insurance for the over-50s! (I'm sure that is because it is mostly older people like me who are in on weekdays.)

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Oh dear God, take me now. I've got one neighbour playing "The Green Green Grass Of Home", another playing Johnny Cash and a third playing accordian music, all at full blast with their doors and windows open. A mother nearby is screaming at a child "If you don't f****** get down here this f****** minute, I'm going to f****** leather you, you wee b****** whilst a group of drunk teenagers are singing about the Billy Boys in the children's play park.

Every year, every year when the sun comes out!

Top Bottom