Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Ask the Procurement Executive to purchase a box of six magnums. ^_^

I like the Almond ones.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
To the people who verbally offered me a job on Tuesday - please send me a contract to look at.
To the people who interviewed me on Friday - please let me know if you're going to make me an offer.
To the people I applied to for a job, closing date a few days ago - please let me know if I'm going to get an interview.
I am confident I will have a job by this time next week, but I'd like to know which one!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[Doing the washing up... rather a lot of things piled onto the draining board. Hmm - my favourite dinner plate looks rather precariously balanced. There is a danger that it will get knocked off and smash on the tiled floor of the kitchen.

Postie calls and some letters drop through the letter box. I turn towards the door, catching the edge of the dinner plate with my left elbow. The plate slips, I lunge for it but swat it across the kitchen...

***** SMASH!!!!! *****

Oh, super!]

"Hey Col, I'd move that plate if I were you, or it will end up in a pile of pieces on the floor!"

Cavalol

Guru
Oh, that lovely standard vintage touring caravan you bought, and you've spent £57,000 in Cath sodding Kidson and put bunting all over the place? Congratulations on wrecking it, pass me the sick bucket.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I, WHAT, EH? ... YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!!!!! I would not have believed that anybody would write software that did something as stupid as THAT! :cursing: :banghead:

Thanks a bunch. That is 30 minutes of thinking/typing lost ...

[Windows just did a forced update while I was cutting and pasting so I lost what I had 'cut' before I had the chance to 'paste' it where I really wanted it.]

lane

Veteran
Annoying, isn't it!

I don't normally watch TV advertising - I usually record programmes on commercial channels so I can skip the ads - but a couple of times recently I put something on in the background while I was working on the computer. What did I see - funeral plans for the over-60s and life insurance for the over-50s! (I'm sure that is because it is mostly older people like me who are in on weekdays.)

Suspect it is also demographic of the chanell yoy are watching

Lullabelle

Banana
So 13 years ago you left to have a child and live on benefits as a single mum, another relationship-another child, more benefit money. Today you popped in to say to say hi to everyone, the fact that you have now been told to get a job because your benefits are being cut is just purely coincidental :dry:

You are not having my job :headshake:

Top Bottom