Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Same thing happened to me. Someone took my green bin, I requested a new one (green ones are free), then the day after my new one arrived, the old dear down the road returned mine. Then someone stol my brown bin, they said I had to pay £15 for a new on, or I could get a brown sack free. So I've got a sack
Aaargh!

I've spotted a bin down the alley which looks like it might not belong where it is, which makes me suspect that it belongs to whoever has MY bin. If it remains empty, that will be a pretty good sign that I am right.

TBH, I recycle so much stuff that it takes me several months to fill a wheelie bin. It won't be a big deal for me to use a bin bag for a while and wait until the next fortnightly wheelie bin collection to see if mine resurfaces. Everybody puts the bins out the night before so I'll go and check at midnight. If my bin has reappeared full of someone else's rubbish, I'll make sure that I am around when the bin wagon comes and will reclaim it once it has been emptied!

potsy

Rambler
Aaargh!

I've spotted a bin down the alley which looks like it might not belong where it is, which makes me suspect that it belongs to whoever has MY bin. If it remains empty, that will be a pretty good sign that I am right.

TBH, I recycle so much stuff that it takes me several months to fill a wheelie bin. It won't be a big deal for me to use a bin bag for a while and wait until the next fortnightly wheelie bin collection to see if mine resurfaces. Everybody puts the bins out the night before so I'll go and check at midnight. If my bin has reappeared full of someone else's rubbish, I'll make sure that I am around when the bin wagon comes and will reclaim it once it has been emptied!
This deserves a thread of it's own, it's more exciting than one of Accy's tales ^_^

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
It doesn't make your point of view any more profound, valid, or impactful to write your views in dozens of tiny paragraphs.

(Instead of simply writing many sentences in one paragraph).

And that's no matter how righteous you're feeling today.

Normal length paragraphs are just as impactful.

Please desist.

ColinJ

I'm sure that you love your 5 year old daughter. That's why you bought her the little pink bike, right?

So... how about keeping an eye on her rather than letting her suddenly emerge from an alleyway and shoot straight across the street without even a glance left or right? :eek:

Yes, it isn't a busy road, but I'd say that a minimum of 20 vehicles an hour use it at that time of day, and some of them are doing 20+ mph.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
It does not apply just now but earlier and in days to come. Yes my bin has a padlock on it to stop tourists like you filling it up with their rubbish leaving no room for my rubbish. Take it away with you and use a bin wherever you came from.

alicat

Legendary Member
Just because you say you ride a bike doesn't give you the right to pass me too close (I may have said that, the muppet turned into a carpark 100 yds up the road).

ColinJ

It does not apply just now but earlier and in days to come. Yes my bin has a padlock on it to stop tourists like you filling it up with their rubbish leaving no room for my rubbish. Take it away with you and use a bin wherever you came from.
I used to get that with my non-recycling neighbours in Hebden Bridge! They would fill a wheelie bin in a couple of days and then all the other bins in the street would mysteriously start to fill themselves late at night...

As for tourists taking rubbish away - good luck with that! Round here they just toss it out of their cars. Verges on popular moorland roads are littered most places that I ride. :cursing:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I used to get that with my non-recycling neighbours in Hebden Bridge! They would fill a wheelie bin in a couple of days and then all the other bins in the street would mysteriously start to fill themselves late at night...

As for tourists taking rubbish away - good luck with that! Round here they just toss it out of their cars. Verges on popular moorland roads are littered most places that I ride. :cursing:
Apropos of nothing really but our long serving and well liked GP came from Hebden Bridge, Bill Clegg. His father was a GP before him but before my time.

ColinJ

If you can get a crime number and report stolen bin to the council they might replace foc.
They are currently not replacing them even if you pay for them! :okay:

I wouldn't have thought that somebody moved it far from here. It would look a bit suspicious walking up the road pushing an empty wheelie bin and since the pubs have been shut there have not been the usual number of mischievous drunks staggering back late. I think there is a good chance that the 'too blind to read a big painted number' householder who took it will put it out for the next collection and I will recover it then.

@potsy - there will be another exciting episode of 'Wheelie Bin Wars, Todmorden' in about 10 days time - watch this space! :laugh:

Last edited:
Top Bottom