Things you'd like to say, but can't

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
Silly thing wouldn't post it, so I did it again! Ooooooooooops! 🤪🤪🤪

Ratchet Cat

Veteran
For god's sake! I'm still pretty new at this! I'm going to make mistakes now and again. Your withholding information or lying isn't helping.

Why are you always late?
I'm not doing things on purpose. I'd prefer things to work. I now wonder if you are witholding things on purpose!!!
I'm really trying not to do some things.
Honestly some people. That's where diaries come in useful.

potsy

Rambler
Thank you DVLA, 10 weeks of waiting for my new licence to be issued, its finally been done :thanks:

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Why are some organisations pushing "what 3 words" as a location aid. A GP we had got bits of wood handed out to every local household with 3 words for location by emergency services. It seems to be pretty useless as the one I got does not tally with my location when I downloaded the app out of curiosity. I have a choice of several locations around my house but nothing tallies with the one given out and in any case I could never remember the words anyway.

Why are some organisations pushing "what 3 words" as a location aid. A GP we had got bits of wood handed out to every local household with 3 words for location by emergency services. It seems to be pretty useless as the one I got does not tally with my location when I downloaded the app out of curiosity. I have a choice of several locations around my house but nothing tallies with the one given out and in any case I could never remember the words anyway.
This is of interest to me.

w3w is a closed ecosystem run by patent trolls who use lawyers against anyone who tries to come up with similar schemas. It's pretty gross. Sure, geocoding can be good for stuff like mountain rescue where it can be easier for someone who is in difficulty to say words rather than gps coordinates, but w3w is a trash company.

The word lists are not translateable - e.g person-woman-man in English w3w and personne-femme-homme in French w3w would point to completely different parts of the world, rendering the system much less useful to anyone who would use it while travelling abroad.

I understand that you’re upset but we are in a novel situation where not everything will go to plan and mistakes will be made but...

THOUSANDS of people have DIED and you’re complaining because you haven’t been given the grades to which you believe you were entitled

Top Bottom