Things you've lost on a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
What have you lost on a ride?

Preparing to go out today I am unable to find my warm Decathlon gloves.

What I suspect happened is I took them off for the last few miles of Sunday's ride because it was warm.

I've either left them on a bench in Seaham in County Durham, or I might have put them on top of my trunk bag when I stopped, set off, and lost them that way.

They were fairly new so it's a bit annoying to lose them, although the fit wasn't brilliant because the fingers were a bit too long.

The possibility of losing stuff is one of the reasons why I don't tend to buy expensive kit.

What have you left home with, but come home without?

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
What have you left home with, but come home without?
Properly functioning legs.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Shades. Several pairs over the years. I have a habit of putting them down when I stop (eg to fix a puncture) and not picking them up again.

Globalti

Legendary Member
GtiJ lost the brand-new Castelli rain cape I gave him for his birthday, within ten minutes of setting off with it stuffed in his jersey pocket. Somebody got lucky that day. He was appropriately embarrassed.

Not that much over the years. A jacket once, long ago. A Swiss army knife I left in a hostel. A torch recently, again left in a hostel, at least I think it was but nothing left at the side of the road, except the keys to the locks I was carrying on tour in France once. Mrs C won't let me forget that, so I haven't.

Top Bottom