Things you've lost on a ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The washer / nut that fits on the inner tube valve stem, and stops the annoying rattle of the valve stem against the hole in the rim. That doesn't apply to one of my bikes though, obvs.

Decent cateye rear light, retraced my route but it had soon gone

Gixxerman

Guru
1) a camera on a Whitehaven to Whitby C2C ride with all our pictures on it. Not bothered that much about the camera as it was worth less than £30, but the loss of the pictures was sad and annoying.
2) skin from kness / elbows.

Sixmile

Veteran
I can't think of anything that I've lost whilst out on a ride but I'm forever losing my arm warmers in the house. I've 2 pairs and can't find either at the moment.

cisamcgu

Legendary Member
Took a Brompton for a 24 hour test ride a couple of years ago. In the morning took it to the train, folded it, sat down all happy with my obvious skill. When we arrived at Liverpool Central I unfolded it, beamed merrily at everyone, and left train leaving my bag on the seat :sad:. Keys, phone, wallet, credit cards, home address, cash - everything was in that bag xx(. To say I was worried would be an understatment, and when I told Mrs Cisamcgu she was less than pleased and told me I wasn't mature enough for a Brompton. :eek:

Luckily some lovely soul handed it in the to railway staff somewhere further down the line, and they had a rummage around, found my wallet, and called me at work. I picked up the bag with everything still in it. I was VERY relieved, and managed to buy a Brompton, with Mrs Cisamcgu's blessing a few weeks later ^_^

clippetydoodah

I nearly lost the will to live commuting home in the wind yesterday. The only upside was other cyclists saying how bad they were feeling too.

The other week I thought my 20 year old Trek saddle bag had pinged off my bike, loosing all my tools and spares. I looked but couldn't find it. I was worried about getting a flat on the way home, and low and behold I got one. Fortunately I didn't notice till I got into the garage at home. Anyway, cut to last Saturday and I was tidying the garage, and low and behold there was the saddle bag, on a shelf where I had put it. Idiot!! Least I got a nice new saddle bag to play with.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
A rear light fell off on a busy dual carriageway once so I had to abandon it to its grisly fate
A front light. To this day I can't work out what happened to it
Since I started wearing lycra, my dignity and modesty
My anger and frustations
Since I started cycling, about a stone

Top Bottom