Think of me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Think of me at 10-15 Monday morning as i go to the Knee clinic .
Not worried about surgery.Just don't want fobbing off with 'oh it's only Arthritis '.

Been there done that ,had to have two Arthur Osckopies.And had a brill result on other knee.
So i know the benefit .

May have to put my intelligent head on and talk then into spending some money on me and my knee.

Should then be back in the saddle within two months .

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Good Luck mate .Stand your ground and be determined to get whatever is needed. Im sure a lot of fobbing off goes on .

jimheaney57

Best of luck.

I've had problems with my knees too, never stopped me cycling but I had to stop running for a while.

Went to my GP a while back to get a referral to the orthopedic clinic. I told him my problem and without even looking at the knee he said "you need to look at yourself in the mirror and decide when you want your knee replacement operation." It was lucky I was sitting or I would have fallen over:angry:

Anyway I insisted he referred me. After an MRI scan it turned out I have a small tear in the cartilage in the left knee, I have arthritis in the right. Not big enough to warrant an operation so I was advised to start running again and build up the miles and see how it went.

I'm happy to report that I am currently averaging about 3/4 runs per week and managed to do 16 miles on Wednesday night without any pain.

If I had listened to the GP I'd be well on my way to getting back up to the 17 1/2 stone I was a few years ago before I started running & cycling:blush:

Off now for a trip on the bike. I hope there's not any frost about. Planning on doing about 60 miles.

Again, good luck with your appointment.

Top Bottom