Thinking about cancelling my Sky internet monthly debit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
For three hours so far this morning my internet has been on and off,mostly off. I've re-set it 3 times but no luck. This is about the 5th time I've had to put up with this is the last few weeks. I pay £33 a month for a crap service! If I go into my bank and tell them to stop the direct debit what will Sky do? Please understand that I might not be able to respond to replies for a while due to this crap service i'm getting/not getting!!:angry:

Rocky

Hello decadence
Phone up Sky, complain and cancel the service. If you simply stop paying, Sky will (eventually) send the bailiffs round.

No need to respond to me. But hopefully you can read this.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
You can't just tell your bank to cancel any DD. They wont do it.

Contact Sky, tell them you want to cancel. You will have to give a months notice.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Phone up Sky, complain and cancel the service. If you simply stop paying, Sky will (eventually) send the bailiffs round.

No need to respond to me. But hopefully you can read this.

I've tried to phone them before,but the queue is so long I just get so mad and put the phone down. I can't stand queues and as I've mentioned before on CC I suffer discrimination due to my speech problem. I phoned the local Post Office sorting branch the other month and had a woman laughing at me. She said I "spoke like someone who needed a carer".

Rocky

Hello decadence
I've tried to phone them before,but the queue is so long I just get so mad and put the phone down. I can't stand queues and as I've mentioned before on CC I suffer discrimination due to my speech problem. I phoned the local Post Office sorting branch the other month and had a woman laughing at me because she said I "spoke like someone who needed a carer".
Oh no!! Could you go to Citizens Advice and get them to ring on your behalf? Or perhaps a friend? You’ll have to be there to authorise them to talk on your behalf. Good luck

Slick

Guru
Won't it still be the same bad Internet connection?
Maybe, but one call to Bt and my recent fault was fixed. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Typical! Since posting this thread it hasn't gone off. I can't relax though. I'm forever looking over my shoulder at the hub,to see if that damned annoying smiley face turns orange and starts flickering again.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
You can't just tell your bank to cancel any DD. They wont do it.

You can if you have internet banking with what ever bank you are with. Go to manage your accounts and then payees and it will be there somewhere. You will get a letter from the company which has the DD set up within a few days as they will know almost immediately.

Cletus Van Damme

Previously known as Cheesney Hawks
Shocking company, I avoid them at all costs. The hassle my mother had trying to cancel a package that was in my Dad's name, whom has advanced Alzheimer's disease and vascular dementia and is incapable of anything, was disgusting. Tw**s...

Turning the router on and off just makes the problem worse and slows your connection down. The connection takes a few days to stabilise after an outage before full speed is reached again.

Common problems are the microfilter on its way out and poor qualify ethanet cable from the microfilter to the router. Should be a CAT 6 or above cable.

As sky is ADSL not cable try and plug the router into the test port above the master telephone socket. If the problem disappears it’s likely the telephone socket has a poor terminal and needs changing for a good quality one.

Top Bottom