Thinking about cancelling my Sky internet monthly debit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I’ve been with Plusnet ever since the ZX Spectrum was invented. They are great.

What modem speed did you have in the 1980s? The Internet was very different back then.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
I wish I'd photographed or even kept my 1980's Internet tech but you never do photograph or keep things with the future in mind. Bit like tech at the moment which will seem rather antique in another 30-40 years time.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Never had a problem with BT and when an engineer has visited the service has been top quality.

Been with Sky for a year now without a single glitch.

If you have online banking cancelling a DD takes 10 seconds at most.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Another vote for Zen Internet here, if you choose to swap. Very good customer service and excellent at dealing with Openeeach when need arises. Thirty odd quid a month phone and net.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Another vote for Zen Internet here, if you choose to swap. Very good customer service and excellent at dealing with Openeeach when need arises. Thirty odd quid a month phone and net.
I pay about 32 quid a month for phone and internet.. When I say about ,it's because some months they've taken 40 quid out. Some have told me I pay too much,but if you're paying the same as me then I suppose it's about right.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I pay about 32 quid a month for phone and internet.. When I say about ,it's because some months they've taken 40 quid out. Some have told me I pay too much,but if you're paying the same as me then I suppose it's about right.
I'm paying about £17 to Plusnet. That doesn't include free calls and call charges are high, but I don't use my landline for outgoing calls.

Oh, thinking about it - that includes a couple of monthly discounts for recommending other users. For every person who you sign up you can get a discount for as long as they use Plusnet. If you signed up enough people (the number depends on what they sign up for), you wouldn't have to pay anything!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm paying about £17 to Plusnet. That doesn't include free calls and call charges are high, but I don't use my landline for outgoing calls.

Oh, thinking about it - that includes a couple of monthly discounts for recommending other users. For every person who you sign up you can get a discount for as long as they use Plusnet. If you signed up about 8 people, you wouldn't have to pay anything!

I probably make about 3 or 4 landline calls a month,so the Plusnet deal sounds better for me.

ColinJ

I probably make about 3 or 4 landline calls a month,so the Plusnet deal sounds better for me.
I just checked the new referral rates and they look a lot lower than they used to be! Still, if you sign up and want to do me a favour let me know, and you'll save me a pound or so a month ... :okay:

You should get a discounted rate as a new customer. Make a note of when that contract is up because they hike the price after that. Both times they did that to me, I used their chat system to tell them that I wanted to renew at my old rate or I'd go to TalkTalk. They immediately cut the price down again and I signed up for another 18 months at that price.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur

There are cheaper deals to be had. Plusnet e.g.. I need a reliable connection for business, and have never had anything more than twenty minutes outage in eleven years. My only reservation is the Lancastrian call centre, but, as a Yorkshireman, I can fathom most of what they say if they talk slowly....

classic33

Leg End Member
There are cheaper deals to be had. Plusnet e.g.. I need a reliable connection for business, and have never had anything more than twenty minutes outage in eleven years. My only reservation is the Lancastrian call centre, but, as a Yorkshireman, I can fathom most of what they say if they talk slowly....
Sheffield and Leeds.
Both in the West Riding.

ColinJ

Accy doesn't like call centre queues. I suffered a call centre queue first time round, but this time I went through their online chat box and it was perfectly straightforward and much quicker.

Top Bottom