Thinking about Cheating at a Strava KOM? DON'T ! - This is a crazy story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Spent a good hour plus reading that, I'd have found it funny if not for the toxic behaviours he would display towards those who were not in his favourites anymore.

I skim read it, but took a while - skipped the wikki references. My word he made some stuff up and went to great lengths, but was found out/undone by posting some unrealistic KOM's. The guy is just like Boris.

C R

Guru
Disjointed and I believe he wrote the chapters separately. It is neither in chronological or in any form of orderly flow. Other than the KOM which is explained very well all others are not cohesive.

I take one example. His time at CEO of Alexium. People who have little idea if the position was obtained by deception or merit. Readers might think he was a CEO who after his wife's demise went pathological and ended up in fantasy land. It all over the place.

I think author's original intention was to write a book but abandoned the idea so most of the chapters are unfinished.

Never publish a story that raises more questions than answers.

I get the impression that the author left the point of whether he got the CEO position by deception in the air on purpose. It is clear that the market updates are inconsistent wrt the qualifications of the guy, and there's also the mention about the threads on the company in investors forums. I think the author probably believes that other people in the company were in on it, but can't prove it, so just lays out the bare facts and leaves it at that.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

I get the impression that the author left the point of whether he got the CEO position by deception in the air on purpose. It is clear that the market updates are inconsistent wrt the qualifications of the guy, and there's also the mention about the threads on the company in investors forums. I think the author probably believes that other people in the company were in on it, but can't prove it, so just lays out the bare facts and leaves it at that.

Exactly - the stuff he didn't know he left - how this person made up so much guff - was he trained by Eton ? 😄

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

It's the Pro Cyclist, then was a business leader, then crack soldier, then... it's the Pro Cyclist lies - someone will find you and his undoing was Strava, that makes us all laugh. Someone will be after you if you get a KOM on Strava - they will look at your profile.. that really was his undoing....

Strava is fun.... for most.... :laugh:

classic33

Leg End Member
Wasn't there something similar on here, and elsewhere, about a record attempt.
Detailing their past "achievements" in cycling. With some dubious claims made.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
We've had all sorts on here. The age related hour record bloke. The five minute miler in his 50's who shalt not be named (a bit like Voldemort). Various people saying they were awesome and would be breaking into the highest echelons of the pro peloton while eating 500 bananas a day. Not sure any claimed to have got there. :laugh:

I skim read it, but took a while - skipped the wikki references. My word he made some stuff up and went to great lengths, but was found out/undone by posting some unrealistic KOM's. The guy is just like Boris.

Theres a part where it mentions he hired a professional wikipedia marketing company to enhance his prescence on that site, including adding various sources:ohmy:

Reactions: C R

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Liar, Liar, pants on fire! :laugh:

Why some people have to make up a load of fake shite is beyond me. I averaged a bit over 11mph on my last ride and I don't care a monkeys if someone else thinks that's really slow and laughs at it.

Given he started RAAM and abandoned after 84 miles with an average of 11mph you'd be in good company there.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
We've had all sorts on here. The age related hour record bloke. The five minute miler in his 50's who shalt not be named (a bit like Voldemort). Various people saying they were awesome and would be breaking into the highest echelons of the pro peloton while eating 500 bananas a day. Not sure any claimed to have got there. :laugh:

That reminds me of something the late, great, Johah Lomu said. When he first burst onto the scene he was asked if he was into the rugby drinking culture. He replied that he wasn't much of a drinker but added "I could out-eat anyone here in fruit" (or similar).

I used to go to a gym back in the day. Once I was wearing my MTB series T shirt - I think it was the Karrimor series so it must have been the 80s ?
Bloke sought me out to tell me about his 23 speed downhill bike and how he was just back from the world championships in er, Florida...

You might be able to BS people that know nothing about bikes - but why me ? I just nodded and avoided him after that. Not right in the head.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
That reminds me of something the late, great, Johah Lomu said. When he first burst onto the scene he was asked if he was into the rugby drinking culture. He replied that he wasn't much of a drinker but added "I could out-eat anyone here in fruit" (or similar).

A DJ friend of mine was invited to be the sound engineer for some gig at a posh venue in Cardiff. While getting the stuff out of the van, he called over a man about to enter the venue and said "You're a big looking bloke. Fancy giving us a hand with these speakers?" - which (fair play) he did, one under each arm too.

As he walked away from the stage after putting the speakers down, his mate said "Don't you know who that was?"

It was Johah Lomu, who had just signed for Cardiff Blues at the time :laugh:

Juan Kog

permanently grumpy
Liar, Liar, pants on fire! :laugh:

Why some people have to make up a load of fake shite is beyond me. I averaged a bit over 11mph on my last ride and I don't care a monkeys if someone else thinks that's really slow and laughs at it.
@SkipdiverJohn I’m appalled, no not at your average speed . At 11+ mph we would be cycling together.
No it means you must have wasted your hard earned cash on a cycle computer.:laugh:.

Top Bottom