Thinking about Cheating at a Strava KOM? DON'T ! - This is a crazy story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Liar, Liar, pants on fire! :laugh:

Why some people have to make up a load of fake shite is beyond me. I averaged a bit over 11mph on my last ride and I don't care a monkeys if someone else thinks that's really slow and laughs at it.

Well, in this case the reason was to make money. His fake professional career and identity as an ex-pro cyclist were all contributory to the success of his bike business.

Most people won't bother to check claims that he was a minor but not very successful professional. The big problem is that such claims are very easily checked once someone has a reason to do so ... like a suspicious faked Strava upload.

Last edited:
I've spent at least 10 minutes so far, and feel the writer is trying to string it out on a pennies-per-word basis. Does it get to a point? :-/

Its just a very meandering tale that is less exciting that it might seen, point is probably 'man lies, gets caught':okay:

Anyone want to join the slowcoach club? :blush:

I tend to trigger those roadside speed check things at about 9 mph. :tongue: Who cares? Unless I'm trying to make a train connection, I just enjoy bimbling. :angel:

On a similar note I cycled 10,000+ miles the other week - in 2 hours

Quite genuine - Strava said so so it must be true

the fact that I started a few hundred miles south of the Bearing Strait and was near Warrington a second or so later is totally irrelevant!!!!

(and yes - I cropped it out!! - still think my average speed of 12.x was an underestimate!!!)

but I have seen a few records on segments that look either rather dodgy or totally reckless!

Top Bottom