Thinking about Cheating at a Strava KOM? DON'T ! - This is a crazy story.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not strava but....

Cycling with friends in Shropshire, on our last day I rode with the group to our lunch stop, but, having several hundred miles to drive home, left after lunch to ride straight back to the campsite and get an early start home. With a following wind I made good time, packed the trike back into the car and drove home. The next day I thought I'd check my garmin to see just how fast I'd gone on the run to the campsite. Surprisingly it was 71mph!

Turned out I'd left the garmin on and it had recorded my drive home too!

How many KOMs did you get???

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
any idea Where I can get one of those?

Here you go

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265004945442

I get the impression that the author left the point of whether he got the CEO position by deception in the air on purpose. It is clear that the market updates are inconsistent wrt the qualifications of the guy, and there's also the mention about the threads on the company in investors forums. I think the author probably believes that other people in the company were in on it, but can't prove it, so just lays out the bare facts and leaves it at that.

Sorry, I missed this response. Yes this is so much bigger than the KOM or cycling.

As he is a cycling writer for a small trade paper, big businesses will not respond to his queries. And you can see he repeatedly hits the wall on this front. On the cycling front, he has no issues. He covered the ladies cycling well. He also could and did not trace the guys history and kept repeating Indonesia. So the basics of investigative journalism is not there.

This guy in question is clearly a pathological liar and a serial conman who does not have a degree and was a CEO with no background in a listed company. Thats scary.

Guardian has a very good approach when they deal with a major expose like this. They collaborate with other journalists and other trusted media outlets to expose such things. It is usually with one of the German investigative media outlets. I think he was too greedy and did not want to collaborate.

So in the end, it was about a cycling. As I said, it left us with more questions than answers. Incomplete investigation especially the important parts.

As I mentioned before - I rode from somewhere just south of the Bering Straits to Warrington and back home in about 2 hours a few weeks ago!

OK - they MAY have been a GPS glitch in Strava's first fix which I cropped

Now - I have Strava linked to the "Love to Ride" website thingy just in case I might just win something in their draws and/or challenged
SO - when it synced I was awarded the 10,000 mile badge

when I cropped it it re-synced but I kept the badge

Being somewhat too honest for my own good I emailed the Love to Ride site and asked them if they could remove it - but apparently there is no easy way to do it
So I keep the badge!!!

Well I tried!

Sallar55

Veteran
Cheating on Strava. As you all know if you forgot to end and upload a ride and drive home,this is the result. Anyone with an interest in any segment on the route will flag your ride. The bigger issue must be electric bikes.

Mike_P

Guru
The bigger issue must be electric bikes.
Strava does have a built in system that notes if a "Ride" looks the be "Ebike" and asks of that is the case. By no means foolproof so the onus is still largely on users to change an ebike "Ride" to "Ebike". Suppose a partial way round that would be to make it mandatory that the bike used was identified with any upload identifying an ebike having been used locked in as "Ebike".

Top Bottom