third party liability insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am going to join Friday's but need to get third party liability insurance - is that something covered by my home insurance - or would I have it if I am affiliated to LFGSS?

thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
Check your legal cover on your home insurance policy.
Ask on LGFSS?
Otherwise LCC, British Cycling, Cycling U.K., Wiggle, ETA (maybe) offer as part of various paid policies.
Personally I’d get one of the cycling specific policies if unsure, level of cover varies so check

vickster

Legendary Member
BC and possibly CUK won’t provide you with legal cover if you crash into another member of the same organisation (be it in a group or riding solo)…so make sure you don’t
(I don’t know if this applies to the 3rd party liability or just solicitor cover so read Ts & C’s carefully)

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
I am going to join Friday's but need to get third party liability insurance - is that something covered by my home insurance - or would I have it if I am affiliated to LFGSS?

thanks
From https://www.fnrttc.org.uk/insurance (My bold).
To join our rides, you must have third party liability insurance cover through membership of one of the following cycling organisations:

• Cycling UK ("CUK" -- preferred, as The Fridays is a CUK Affiliate Group)

• British Cycling

• London Cycling Campaign

These three organisations provide third party liability coverage to their members that is roughly equivalent to each other, suitable for social (non-competitive) group rides, and we know what to expect from them in terms of the coverage and claims processes. There are of course other organisations that provide third party cover but we are not in a position to go through members' policies to see if they have what's needed. So you must have cover through one of the above three please.

You get a substantial discount joining CUK (CTC) through the Fridays, but you don’t get the magazine. Some would say that’s a bonus.

Drago

Legendary Member
If youre in one if the concessionary categories one can get half price CUK membership and the magazine, although the magazine is a waste of trees.

OP
OP
S

samsbike

Guru
OK thanks all, will take a look.

While I understand the need for it, it seems ridiculous to meet just to go through this palaver to do some group rides.

vickster

Legendary Member
It’s not really a palaver when you consider what it could be like if there was an accident, claim, court case, massive out of pockets, for 15 mins or less signing up to one scheme

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
OK thanks all, will take a look.

While I understand the need for it, it seems ridiculous to meet just to go through this palaver to do some group rides.
You may find that palaver and your massive £2 Fridays annual membership fee may be the best cycling value you ever get.

Last edited:
Top Bottom