this cyclist really does deserve a good slapping!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is wrong with taking a photo of an inconsiderate person doing an inconsiderate act. I would not believe someone would even think of straddling a bike with complete disregard to other users until I saw the photo. The argument that it was probably empty when he boarded the train and then he dosed off makes no sense. If it was empty he would have found space near the doors or where the bikes are normally stored. The issue is not that people did not wake him or did make an attempt to wake him. The issue is the bike in the position in the first place.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
If people were too nervouse to speak to the guy they could've asked the guard to have a word.
Which commuter trains have guards?

dun%20run%20bikes%20on%20train.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Most of the ones through Vauxhall would, but only some stop there. Windsor&Eton Riverside trains stop there and have a guard, but the time is wrong. Reading trains sometimes stop at Vauxhall, but not at that time. I don' think the loop trains that run out to twickenham and back in via wimbledon have guards though.
There was a guard on the train I took last night, granted wasn't the rush hour :smile:

There was a guard on the train I took last night, granted wasn't the rush hour :smile:
I stand corrected. That was the loop train. So I suspect all trains through Vauxhall (mainline) have a guard.

Sara_H

Guru
Blimey - if this is not a set up (which I'm not convinced of - man in suit, situation hyped up by ie no mud on bike as reported, vacant seats and lack of standing passengers clearly visible in reflection and honestly, why didn't someone just wake him if its a genuine situation.) then I agree that the bloke is a cheeky so and so for placing the bike there and he shouldn't have done it.

But is this really news that warrants publication in the newspaper?

Feels like a set up to whip the motards up a bit more to me.

One of the commenters points out you can see empty seats reflected in the glass. So even if the sleeping suit is real, the problem he was causing is not.

(I was checking the comments to see if they mentioned Road Tax - no - or RLJ - yes! But I think that was in jest)

Top Bottom