This summer, should I cycle naked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I have recently been gaining weight, albeit slowly and I am now at 68Kg, so I will need to watch my weight and not become fatter than him!! :laugh:

Don't go out when windy then..... safety message !!! :laugh::okay:

KneesUp

Guru
I've just packed all my clothes and kit in a holdall and been so disappointed at the weight that I actually weighed every item of winter clothing and kit. Here's what I found:

Total kit: 2.659 kgs

Total kit & clothes: 4.196 kgs

Seems a lot but then I weigh 74 kgs and the bike about 8.5 kgs so it ain't too bad.

I both my bags in together tonight and thought 'chuff me they're heavy' so I weighed them - they came to just over 10.5kg. My bike weighs about 13kg inc lights, guards and rack, and I weigh 2kg more than you - I think your kit is very lightweight.

(My contents: 1 x lobster gloves, 1 x work trousers, 1 x work boxers, 1 x buff, couple of jumpers I found in the office that needed washing, 1 x laptop, 1 x charger 1 x note pad, 1 x nice pen, 1 x multitool, 10 or so zip ties, 2 x tyre lever, 0 x patches, 1 x quick link, 0 x chain tool)

Ah, oh, and I might have bought some books at the charity shop over lunch ... yeah, that might have been part of it, actually. Books is heavy.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
74kg, skelletor ???
Sounds about right! Gti and I are near enough the same height and I am down to 76.5 kg with at least 2.5 kg of blubber left on me. I am aiming to stabilise at about 73 kg. (I was 68 kg as a student and was too skinny.)

Whatever size I end up, you will be pleased to know that I intend to keep my kit on when cycling! :okay:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Sounds about right! Gti and I are near enough the same height and I am down to 76.5 kg with at least 2.5 kg of blubber left on me. I am aiming to stabilise at about 73 kg. (I was 68 kg as a student and was too skinny.)

Whatever size I end up, you will be pleased to know that I intend to keep my kit on when cycling! :okay:

I need to get back out there and fit again, but I would like to stabilise at 70 or less.

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
The weighing obsession started when I found a pile of broken Sartorius lab scales thrown in a skip at work, got permission to rescue them then took them all apart and made one working set with the bits. It weighs to 100th of a gramme and stinks because it is encrusted with industrial chemicals for making perfume, which will never wash off.

I will certainly not be posting pictures of myself cycling naked! (Although somewhere in a box in the attic I do have a picture of my brother cycling naked for a dare!)

Top Bottom