This summer, should I cycle naked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I've often wondered what all the kit and clothes weigh on top of the weight and bike, and I know, cheers for that. It must have been a slow day at you house.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
74kg, skelletor ???
Should I be worried at 66kg then?:unsure:

Back on topic, it's surprising what clothes weigh. My panniers for commuting weigh 8kg (on top of an 18kg bike), the majority of which is made up of my work clothes. To be fair though I work in an unheated warehouse and have been wearing up to five layers through the winter to stay warm. I suspect my comute will speed up a bit when the weather improves and I'm carrying less.;)

Edit: Oh, and cycle naked if you like. Just watch out for the rozzers.:whistle:

Last edited:

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Assuming your water weight is including the bottle? If not, move house to where water is the normal weight of 1g per 1ml.

I do appreciate the level of detail you have done this study to :bravo:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
The weighing obsession started when I found a pile of broken Sartorius lab scales thrown in a skip at work, got permission to rescue them then took them all apart and made one working set with the bits. It weighs to 100th of a gramme ...

I'm very disappointed by the imprecise weights of your kit that you have supplied. Only to the nearest gramme.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Edit: Oh, and cycle naked if you like. Just watch out for the rozzers.:whistle:

Bit of chamois cream will see you right if you get a touch of the rozzers. ;-)

Top Bottom