This tiny submarine 2.4 miles under the sea, visiting the relics of RMS Titanic. Can it be found and the crew saved before the air runs out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Karma perhaps? Maybe where so many innocents lost their lives in tragedy should be left alone rather than be a gawping trophy for the mega-wealthy...
Having said that, I sincerely hope these people are found alive.

vickster

Legendary Member
Karma perhaps? Maybe where so many innocents lost their lives in tragedy should be left alone rather than be a gawping trophy for the mega-wealthy...
Having said that, I sincerely hope these people are found alive.

Don't divers go and look at wrecks all the time? Not sure how this is different. Maybe all wrecks should be left in peace?

vickster

Legendary Member
Oi, there is nothing wrong with Premier Inn's.

Other than the occasional errant apostrophe? :whistle:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
It was a 2 hour dive last night. Inflation, eh?

Think that's an approximation of time to descend. Same again to ascend, plus whatever time at the wreck site itself.

i remember feeling slightly queasy eying the escape hatch on HMS Alliance at Portsmouth, which allowed submariners to swim to the surface from circa 40 metres down. Titanic is nearer to 4km down.
I hope they are bobbing on the surface somewhere.

Also... Dont these craft have 'pinger' beacons like aeroplane flight recorders?

(Suppose it was an unregulated/experimental sub)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Yet another similarity with a room at Premier Inn

At least I can fit my bike in a Premier Inn, there’s a big bed, tea making, a tv, and shower, and I don’t have to share with 4 others.

Bit like my response to “Would you go to the moon?”, “Nah there’s no chip shops or pubs”.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Just out of interest who has authority over such things? Genuine question, my maritime knowledge extends only to booking ferries occasionally.

I was wondering that when thinking who would/could have certified that thing as seaworthy, or at very least done an expert independent risk assessment.

In a few years time they might locate the wreck and send tourists down to look at it.
The country from which the mother vessel is launched has some legal power over such activities.

Also the 1986 RMS Titanic Marine Act gives the US self imposed enforcement powers to safeguard it as a grave site, and they could invoke that power and restrict access to anyone other than scientists, and even to them to if they saw fit.

France, Canada and the UK also have a treaty protecting the site.

Should someone choose to knock this sort of touristy stuff on the head it would legally not be terribly difficult to do so if the will was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom