This tiny submarine 2.4 miles under the sea, visiting the relics of RMS Titanic. Can it be found and the crew saved before the air runs out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
A Blue Origin ticket for a sub orbital flight is £200,0000 (or dollars), although most tickets are sold by auction to raise charity money so coat rather more.

I think I'd rather do that. Even if the worst happens at least some of you is likely to be found.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
A Blue Origin ticket for a sub orbital flight is £200,0000 (or dollars), although most tickets are sold by auction to raise charity money so coat rather more.

I think I'd rather do that. Even if the worst happens at least some of you is likely to be found.

I can just about understand when you would want to experience weightlessness and flying on a spacecraft.
No money in the world would get me into that underwater coffin.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk

Agreed. Knowing my luck if I did the sub bit one of the other passengers would be struck with an irresistible urge to curl one out :blink:

Kingfisher101

Über Member
Its very sad for them and their families, what a way to go.
I cant imagine anyone wanting to to go on that trip in one of those. I can think of better ways to spend £195K and obviously safer trips to go on.
It reminds me of the Kursk when that sank.

tom73

Guru
A reporter who went on it last year read a waiver that described the submersible as an "experimental" vessel, "that has not been approved or certified by any regulatory body, and could result in physical injury, disability, emotional trauma or death".
OceanGate CEO Stockton Rush then gave him a tour of the submersible, where he revealed the vessel only has one button and is run using a video game controller.

Say's it all really sadly this won't end well even if they do find it they won't be able to get to it , if it's on the surface finding it in time won't be easy and no guarantee it's in a survivable state. It looks like it's luck has ran out and it's failed badly and all on board died hours ago.

I've never understood the fixation with the Titanic, the story of The Endurance and finally finding it and the reporting of what was found. Is way more of interest for me.

presta

Guru
Designated war graves are I believe eg in Scapa Flow
Scapa Flow Scuba Diving Holidays.
I used to swim with a couple of guys who'd been on diving trips to Scapa Flow.

Also... Dont these craft have 'pinger' beacons like aeroplane flight recorders?
our basic amateur SCUBA dives day or nite but especially at night included flashing beacons. which of course became invisible after about 25 ft in our NE waters at night. but I can only imagine the thing would have some kind of tracking system. but maybe the moronic designer used something else from a toy?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Scapa Flow Scuba Diving Holidays.
I used to swim with a couple of guys who'd been on diving trips to Scapa Flow.

I never got round to doing Scapa Flow but so far as I remember the general rule was look but do not touch and no filching souvenirs.
That latter was very sore point as a wreck we discovered got stripped as soon as some fool let the location out. Boatloads arrived from England with divers who carried so much cutting gear they did not need weight belts. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom