This weather - stop already...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I dont think I can take much more of this darn weather. These winters go on for ages and ages. Usually I don't have time to ride on weekends but on the odd occasion I think I might be able to get out but with this stupid weather - what a dampener. I'm sure if I want in southern europe or CA, I'd be out riding right now. But instead I'm bored outta my ass. I think I'll just go out and eat some more friggin cakes.

Then people around me are in a demoralized mood. I need some sun already!!!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
sunday is given out to be pants again so i volunteered to work in the morning double time , may as well earm some moolah while the weather makes riding unejoyable

Last edited:

pawl

Legendary Member
I dont think I can take much more of this darn weather. These winters go on for ages and ages. Usually I don't have time to ride on weekends but on the odd occasion I think I might be able to get out but with this stupid weather - what a dampener. I'm sure if I want in southern europe or CA, I'd be out riding right now. But instead I'm bored outta my ass. I think I'll just go out and eat some more friggin cakes.

Then people around me are in a demoralized mood. I need some sun already!!!

Couldn’t agree more. Mrs P took me to the local garden centre for a full English complete with Black Pud

snorri

Legendary Member
I can understand it when utility cyclists who rely on a bicycle for everyday travel having a gripe about particularly harsh conditions in winter, but shouldn't leisure cyclists find another hobby for the winter months and then get back to cycling in the spring? Either that or simply regard fine weather in winter as a bonus to be enjoyed rather than an entitlement. Saves a lot of grief.
I spend quite a lot of summer leisure time on the sea but when September comes we know that weather conditions will generally be unsuitable so we lay up the boats and find another hobby until the spring comes around. There have been leisure boat owners in my locality who attempt to keep going throughout the winter, but they never come back for a second winter^_^.

Slick

Guru
I've had 3 weeks of sun on a recent holiday and as this is now my second weekend home and the second weekend that is a washout, I'm already fed up of the weather. It's not only cycling that's affected but every single thing I enjoy doing is done outside and it all seems to stop in this weather. I walked the last few miles home after a works night out last night and I heard a huge crack in the wind which turned out to be an enormous tree come down that closed the road for hours. If I ever get lucky enough to reach retirement age, I would need to find something I enjoy doing inside.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Spotted on today’s ride can anyone identify what this is in the sky? Do I need to be ready for an asteroid impact?

Slick

Guru
I am soooo bored!
Teacher here. What is the point of February half term. Would much rather work through and have an extra week when cycling is pleasant instead.
I reckon if I had to take an enforced holiday in February, I would need to fly to the sun as a solid week of this would be my idea of a nightmare.

Top Bottom