those rear-wheel lock things

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ben M

When I was in Holland I noticed that (almost) every bike was equipped with a lock which attached to the frame between the seatpost and the rear brake, when locked it put a bar through the back wheel, meaning that the bike could not be wheeled away in a theft.

Now for the life of me I can;t remember what they are called, and can;t see any for sale on the major websites.

Does anyone know anything about these (name/stockists/price)

I ask because one would be jolly useful on my tandem (obviously in conjunction with my D lock)

When I was in Holland I noticed that (almost) every bike was equipped with a lock which attached to the frame between the seatpost and the rear brake, when locked it put a bar through the back wheel, meaning that the bike could not be wheeled away in a theft.

Now for the life of me I can;t remember what they are called, and can;t see any for sale on the major websites.

Does anyone know anything about these (name/stockists/price)

I ask because one would be jolly useful on my tandem (obviously in conjunction with my D lock)

I've seen the European type lock on a few sites, the Ed Co Op for example :smile:

Top Bottom