Thoughts on Lance Armstrong. ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
When US Postal came to yuurop to race and got blown to pieces they took the decision that they needed to compete on a level playing field so they moved to Girona and employed Ferrari. I feel a little sorry for any cyclist who found himself dragged into the murky world of the European drugs scene, it must have been nerve-racking and shameful for many individuals. LA was one of those yet, as he says in the last few seconds of the film about him, he was still better than everybody else.

Mixed with sorrow is a sense of satisfaction that Lance the bully treated so many so badly and ruined careers and has now got his come-uppance.

But it's still happening, it's just that the abusers have learned and have stayed one step ahead of the detectors. I'm convinced that many are doping, starting with Bertie.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Naughty man, but perversely he is probably more responsible for everyone else being forced into cheating more cleverly and quite possibly, more dangerously.

FTFY. Don't think it will ever end TBH. Some say legalise doping anyway. Probably have the same result though. As you say though, it's his OTT attitude towards his colleagues which is the real travesty. Bit of a meanie really. Fascinating though.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Thoughts on Lance Armstrong.

As few as possible. Unable to give a toss.

Mildly miffed that there are races going on now with todays riders busting a gut & far cleaner for the most part that the news media falling over themselves to talk about LA completely ignore.

Luked1980

I am reading Tyler Hamiltons book at the moment. The stuff that went on was incredible. He lied and lied and lied again and didn't care who he trampled on along the way.

Easy to show remorse when you still have $100million + in the bank

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If you were to give him a break, which bone would you go for?

ayceejay

Guru
Our house a while back:
"Now go and apologize to your sister"
"But she started it Mum"
"Never mind apologize anyway, you bully"
"O.K. I'm sooorry"
Jason sloped off sulking.
I asked him later if he really was sorry or was he just saying it, he did seem pretty remorse
He said "Nah, I had my fingers crossed so it doesn't count."

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I just seen a snippet on the 6 oclock news, He seems pretty remorse was the punishment enough or not,?
He was just rehearsing for that documentary or Oprah Winfrey. I had a relative like that, too. Thought he could pull the wool over your eyes with a few tears and some B.S.. Lance Armstrong isn't sorry for any of the stuff he did. He's sorry he got caught, and stripped of his titles. And the crap he pulled on Lemond was just pathetic.

Top Bottom