Thoughts on Lance Armstrong. ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Hard to argue with the YouTube post above. Armstrong betrayed us all, he let us down and he remains a liar and a bully. There may be a point with the argument of a level playing field as, apparently, every pro was doping. That doesn't though take away the main point, he's a proven liar and bully who stopped at nothing to achieve his own ends.

I'm not interested in his apology or future. I hadn't thought about him in years till yesterday.

spen666

Legendary Member
Yesterday man yes, infamous yes but he is in cycling history.
Peter Sutcliffe is part of British history, but we don 't give him airtime.

Armstrong is a drugs cheat, and as others have said he wasn't only one.

However Armstrong took sadistic pleasure in destroying through the courts anyone who dared to tell the truth. He does not deserve readmittance to civilised society for those actions. He has never apologised for those actions or done anything to make recompense to those whose lives he destroyed

BigAl68

Über Member
Part of the interview was on the BBC news this morning at stupid o'clock (4.20am). He still looked a nobber, sounded a nobber & is a nob and I would like to see him and Lemond in a boxing ring to settle their beef with each other.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I just don't get why he would want to come back.

I mean, he would no longer be competitive against the current crop of stars, would be jeered, harassed & probably assaulted (while racing), what has he got to gain from that ?

I can't comprehend the madness.

Future governor of Texas? Don't laugh too hard........

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Being discussed on Jeremy Vine now as if he or his opinions are gospel & Relevant.

Trying to conflate his recovery from cancer as some sort of reason to forgive and forget or at least look at him in a much more sympathetic light

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I just don't get why he would want to come back.

I mean, he would no longer be competitive against the current crop of stars, would be jeered, harassed & probably assaulted (while racing), what has he got to gain from that ?

I can't comprehend the madness.
Money! and as an ex famous person who keeps popping up I suspect a lot of his self worth is based on being recognised whether that be good or bad reactions he needs people looking at him.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
He hasn't fallen far enough. Still got a home, a bank account with money in it and owns a functioning bike retail business. Some or all of which is the product of ill gotten gains.
If he had been a drug dealer or such over here, all that would be taken away under the proceeds of crime act, shame the same can't apply to his actions.

Revolting that he can still be sitting pretty & very wealthy in Aspen Colorado, a billionaire's playground.

ANT 666

Trying to re member
If the lying, cheating, bully came back you would think all sponsers would'nt touch him with a barge pole!
But you just know sadly some would Astana perchance?

Andrew_P

In between here and there
If the lying, cheating, bully came back you would think all sponsers would'nt touch him with a barge pole!
But you just know sadly some would Astana perchance?
Seriously you think he wants to make a competitive comeback? He would need more than a few gallons of EPO nowadays. I believe he wants to ride/run general events not pro cycling.

Top Bottom