Thoughts on Planet X bikes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
I've a london Rd and love it, great fun on and off road. Even though it's day glow green drivers still don't see it :rolleyes:

honeybadger

Many thanks for all the posts regarding my Q about the Plant X Hurricane. Apologies for not replying, we’re up in Scotland and internet has been patchy. Judging by all the positive comments it’s looking like it’s the one to go for. When I get it and “winterise” it I’ll post a picture up. Once again many thanks !

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
there is a Thread on the photographs thread of titanium bikes you will like - including a fair few PX
Below my Winterised Hurricane, full SKS mudguards fitted into direct frame mount on the rear bridge which is a nice touch , Conti Grand Prix GT 28cc and different (Brooks) saddle & PX saddle bag, Look SPD gravel type pedals…

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/show-us-your-titanium.56645/page-69

Attachments

• C5E6A8D8-A00C-444E-968E-2E4CF62C8712.jpeg
    C5E6A8D8-A00C-444E-968E-2E4CF62C8712.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

MachersMan

18 months old now with a few upgrades and I love it, especially on rough terrain. If I don't swap the chain ring it doesn't take long to get road wheels on and make a couple of adjustments, then it's a decent commuter on the tarmac. I also have a PX RT-58 for my indoor trainer as it's so comfortable for me.

There's a black friday deal on the Hurricane (SRAM Force 22) at the min, a lot of bike for under £2K.

Attachments

• IMG_SKERROW.jpg
    IMG_SKERROW.jpg
    346.4 KB · Views: 24

honeybadger

There's a black friday deal on the Hurricane (SRAM Force 22) at the min, a lot of bike for under £2K.
That’s the one I’ve been looking at. It’s actually cheaper than the Rival equivalent bike. (Although I’m assuming it’s this years groupset as apposed to next years, getting rid of old stock I’m guessing)
When I emailed them they said the offer was on for November. I just need work to get their arse into gear before the deal finishes.

vickster

Legendary Member
That’s the one I’ve been looking at. It’s actually cheaper than the Rival equivalent bike. (Although I’m assuming it’s this years groupset as apposed to next years, getting rid of old stock I’m guessing)
When I emailed them they said the offer was on for November. I just need work to get their arse into gear before the deal finishes.

Groupsets don’t get upgraded every year. 2x SRAM Rival or Force hydraulic will be a few years old now. They probably got a good deal on a bulk buy of SRAM Force.
SRAM rocks :bravo:
Unlike other manufacturers, PX don’t change their frame colours annually either, anyhow Ti is silver and classic :okay:

figbat

Slippery scientist
I'd love a Tempest - I was getting close to buying one but was seduced by an ex-demo Titus El Viajero (also a P-X brand) hardtail MTB, which is a lovely frame by the way.

Top Bottom