Thursday Night Ride to the Coast - Felpham March 28th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User482

Wondering how many shirts to wear.....

I think it's an n+1 situation.

TimO

Guru
Most of my batteries and lights are now fully charged, and the ones which aren't (i) should be done by this evening, and (ii) are spares, so aren't strictly necessary anyway.

I've just found the GPS, which I haven't used for a couple of months, so it had gotten stored somewhere safe (ie impossible to remember where). I need to make sure it's got a plausible Felpham route on it, then do a quick shop for odds and sods for this evening (eg a chocolate muffin to eat whilst waiting at the start), and then pack the bag.

I love working in academia at this time of year. We get from Thursday to Tuesday off, so a six day weekend, with two three day weeks either side. :thumbsup:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
2382957 said:
Cut a bit of inner tube to soften the grip and apply the mole grips.

Good idea but I didn't have time this morning with all the other faffing. I will attend to it when I get back. In the meantime I have found another flask :-)

A bit of the aforementioned faffing was occasioned by the fact that since my Ultremos got a bit cut up on the last FNRttC I have been running the rear with a toothpaste-tube tyre boot, and had it given out in sub-zero temperatures in the arse-end of nowhere, I feared that my recklessness might have occasioned Zeqqly wrath of the beyond-eyebrow kind. So I now have a new Conti GP on the back. :angel:

Wobblers

Euthermic
Ahh, but were not going via Pease Pottage are we... :tongue:

I have just had my thighs looked after by my leg lady, so I kinda smell like some massage parlor, of the good kind, anyhow. However, it seems I've torn ligaments in me left heel, again, damn it. But it shall be fine for this ride. Poop.

Bike is fettled, last night and all is good... Baring I need the rear wheel bearings serviced, but again, it will be fine. Double poop.

But 'Teef, my dear friend, I love that that piccy shows my beloved Zebra bike! Oh how I miss that bike. The frame is currently wall art, it looks splendid.

And now, with 50 riders, we should all be able to get seated for 3am'sies..

And, I have spare hipflasks... But am not drinking on the one.. Triple poop!

I am so, so tempted to quote this out of context. :angel:

Speaking of hipflasks, I'll have to look out mine. It does look like we'll need some Dalwhinnie antifreeze. With all these single malts on tap, what could possibly go wrong?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Can't you give up something else for Lent, rather than drink. Or doesn't it work that way?
(The overconsumption of) Booze is a major vice of mine. Fasting and abstinence are good for the soul (and waistline). What else can I say?

I did give up cheese, too, this year, not entirely successfully.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
So have you given up giving up on giving up things yet?:whistle:
All that giving up sounds like a lot of hard work :smile:

TimO

Guru
I've dug out a hip flask, and will obviously have mine full of Talisker.
blackcat.gif

TimO

Guru
Looking around at all the forecasts, they seem to be fairly consistently a degree or two below freezing, with the coldest time (not surprisingly) in the few hours before sunrise.

Even I'm planning on wearing several layers, although that's more about being as comfortable as possible. :smile:

Top Bottom