Ti custom build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I'm now in a position to start looking & order my 'once in a lifetime' bike.
My requirements are Ti frame with guard & rack mounts, disc brakes & clearance for upto 28mm tyres. The bike will be used all year round & also for light touring. I'd like silver groupset, wheels & finishing kit. I don't want black forks but that won't be a deal breaker as they can be changed.
Custom geometry would also be nice if needed, as at 6'5" I often feel I'm just making do with manufacturers biggest stock frame.

I'll be popping over to Spa to look at their Ti range & others I'm planning to test ride are Laverack J.ACK & the Enigma Etape. Any suggestions for others that may be worth considering are welcome :okay:
ps the budget is £4-5k

MiK1138

Veteran
You may want to look at Albannach.cc Frameworks Custom built Ti frames Frames are £1500 with an 8 week lead time

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Litespeed Cherohala? Lynskey GR 260? Mason Bokeh Ti? Tripster ATR v2? Bokeh is £3.2k for the frameset alone, but very nice...

Up to 28mm? You might change your mind if you ever try something with wider tyres. My Litespeed has 35mms and gives nothing away for speed on smooth surfaces, and it's faster on rougher ones.

NB: Though Litespeed now (finally) have UK distribution again, buyers don't have to order direct from Tennessee. However, the UK RRPs seem a bit of a hike, even allowing for VAT, customs duties and shipping.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
You may want to look at Albannach.cc Frameworks Custom built Ti frames Frames are £1500 with an 8 week lead time
They look very nice, only a 5 year warranty though & if I'm spending around £4k for a complete build I'd like 10 years or more. Not ruled out yet though :okay:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Litespeed Cherohala? Lynskey GR 260? Mason Bokeh Ti? Tripster ATR v2? Bokeh is £3.2k for the frameset alone, but very nice...

Up to 28mm? You might change your mind if you ever try something with wider tyres. My Litespeed has 35mms and gives nothing away for speed on smooth surfaces, and it's faster on rougher ones.

NB: Though Litespeed now (finally) have UK distribution again, buyers don't have to order direct from Tennessee. However, the UK RRPs seem a bit of a hike, even allowing for VAT, customs duties and shipping.

I'd prefer to buy through a UK distributor even if the price is a 'little' higher. Ideally I'd like to try before I buy so it's likely to be a UK bike, especially if I go down the custom geometry route :smile:
Re tyres, it's not so much about the speed, but the look. I prefer the look of narrow tyres & find the comfort ok on 23s

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'd prefer to buy through a UK distributor even if the price is a 'little' higher. Ideally I'd like to try before I buy so it's likely to be a UK bike, especially if I go down the custom geometry route :smile:
Re tyres, it's not so much about the speed, but the look. I prefer the look of narrow tyres & find the comfort ok on 23s
Fair enough! Both the Tennessee makers definitely do a stock frame large enough for you.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
They're a bit common round here ^_^ Don't think they do a bike to fit my requirements, very few of theirs have disc brakes & non that I can see have disc brakes & rack & guard mounts :sad:

mangid

Guru
Can recommend Burls, Justin did a great job for me when I was looking for a custom fixed frame based on the geometry of my road bike.

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Can recommend Burls, Justin did a great job for me when I was looking for a custom fixed frame based on the geometry of my road bike.
Cheers, I was looking at Burls site yesterday & was put off by the 4 year warranty. Seems to be a big difference in warranties on Ti bikes, Van Nic offer a lifetime warranty & then others offer various length warranties, but if I'm spending such a big wedge of cash, I think I'd like a longer warranty :blush:

Top Bottom