Ti custom build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Very "adventure" if that's your thing. I was chatting to them a while back and they were very helpful indeed.

That's what I was thinking whilst riding this aft. Maybe a bit too much 'adventure' for me. I very rarely stray from tarmac, so maybe a more 'road' orientated bike would be more suited to me & my riding. No harm in calling them & discussing options though :okay:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Why not contact waltly bike direct and get a full custom geo frame at half the cost........lifetime warranty too :okay:

PatrickPending

Legendary Member
I did this a few years back - Burls frame - lovely to ride and Justin was very helpful in designing it. Was built in Russia. It developed a crack in a chainstay last year though - I think I hit a rather nasty pothole - and after 14000km or so of use I can't complain. I sent the frame to Enigma who did an absolutely splendid job in replacing the chainstays (both) so I would not hesitate in recommending them or indeed Burls.

Wheels I went for handbuilt hope hubs and H and son rims - its a lovely bike :smile:

OP
OP
Soltydog

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I did this a few years back - Burls frame - lovely to ride and Justin was very helpful in designing it. Was built in Russia. It developed a crack in a chainstay last year though - I think I hit a rather nasty pothole - and after 14000km or so of use I can't complain. I sent the frame to Enigma who did an absolutely splendid job in replacing the chainstays (both) so I would not hesitate in recommending them or indeed Burls.

Wheels I went for handbuilt hope hubs and H and son rims - its a lovely bike :smile:

Cheers, Enigma posted some pics last week on FB of a custom build they'd done with painted forks & anodised components :becool:, it certainly looked the part & not seen anything else that looks as good so far. Not sure about Hunt wheels that everyone seems to be fitting at the mo, but I do like H & son rims, so reckon I'll go for them on some nice handbuilts. Not sure on hubs yet, think I'd find hope too loud long term :blush:
Off to Spa on friday to look at bikes & saddles, so I'll see what their range is like

Top Bottom