Time to cut the iphone apron strings?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I think its a no brainer too.

But, just to demonstrate what a complete and utter technofool I am,I currently have about 2000 photo's trapped inside my iphone. Some but not most have been uploaded.

How do I liberate them en masse quickly and easly before I cut it off?

Install either dropbox or google drive and upload them to there then you can get at them on any device you want.

Levo-Lon

Guru
When I got my first samsung smart phone my son "tech support manager" smiled and said they really shouldt give smart phones to people who are not smart..i'm inclined to agree...

they are a little better than the brick I had in the late 80's and the minute flip I had 5 yr ago..
as much as I hate phones there bloody amaizing now and for £13 pcm I can do just about anything..if I knew how lol

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Install either dropbox or google drive and upload them to there then you can get at them on any device you want.
I can't seem to do that because my phone is not allowing me to install apps due to the old OS and it won't let me update the OS because I haven't enough memory.

I was thinking I could at leastpay someone to extract the photo's onto disc and upload them to my photobucket account?I feela bit trapped at present, though I really need to sort it as I do oncall work so the phone not reliably recieving calls is a massive problem at the moment.

Last edited:

MarkF

Guru
Son number 2 and his younger sister also have Moto G's, on £11 deals from Tesco, both are very happy with them. The elder son number 1 has an iphone, is always skint due to the monthly charges and in perpetual misery that'll it'll not be the newest..........soon.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I can't seem to do that because my phone is not allowing me to install apps due to the old OS and it won't let me update the OS because I haven't enough memory.

I was thinking I could at leastpay someone to extract the photo's onto disc and upload them to myhotobucket account?I feela bit trapped at present, though I really need to sort it as I do oncall work so the phone not reliably recieving calls is a massive problem at the moment.

Can you plug it into your pc, if so assuming it is windows you should be able to access it through the Computer or My Computer Icon and download your photos.

midlife

Guru
Did I read you have a hot photo account? :smile: :smile:. I might be able to take your old iPhone off your hands if you sell it.

Shaun

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
I haven't got a PC at the minute, and for various reasons haven't accessed my itunes or icloud for a couple of years. Don't seem to be able to access them from thephone or tablet that I'm using.

I'm one of those very silly people who's photos are trapped in the phone, and phone has been my main camera too in that time.

I'm hoping the IT person will be able to plug my phone in and get the photo's out and onto disc for me.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Why not just go and find a second hand iPhone 4?
I had an iPhone 3 and it was horrible, my 'works' phone is an iPhone 4 and I love it. Soon to be swapped for an iPhone 5 as bossling doesn't like his iPhone 5 and is looking for another 4.
The 4 isn't hugely expensive now.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Why not just go and find a second hand iPhone 4?
I had an iPhone 3 and it was horrible, my 'works' phone is an iPhone 4 and I love it. Soon to be swapped for an iPhone 5 as bossling doesn't like his iPhone 5 and is looking for another 4.
The 4 isn't hugely expensive now.
I think the problems I'm having with the phone are probably due to my not being able to update the OS and low memory space. I'm sure these problems may well be easily remedied, but I need a PC to do it, which I don't have.
I'm thinking of starting afresh, but I'm really worried about losing my photo's in the meantime.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I think the problems I'm having with the phone are probably due to my not being able to update the OS and low memory space. I'm sure these problems may well be easily remedied, but I need a PC to do it, which I don't have.
I'm thinking of starting afresh, but I'm really worried about losing my photo's in the meantime.
Save photos to your memory card and then transfer photos to new phone?

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Shame this didn't come up a few days ago. I have just sent off my iphone 4 for recycling because I have changed to a Samsung now. Wanted a bigger screen and couldn't afford/justify the cost of the iphone 6. The 4 I sent away was absolutely immaculate and still working perfectly.

Save photos to your memory card and then transfer photos to new phone?
iPhone = no memory card.

Lots of love here for the Moto G - me included :okay:. My wife has a Moto E, which is a slightly lower spec but not noticeable to her for her use.
Son has a Windows phone which seems nice to use as well. He's very pleased with it.

edit: beaten (twice) to iphone/card posts

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
[QUOTE 3563068, member: 259"]If you're using Google a lot, have you got the google drive app on your phone?[/QUOTE]
I can't download it because of the old OS.

Top Bottom