time trialing on a turbo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
so you can spin at around 60mph for 10 minutes solid?

My point was (a facetious remark) turbo mph and distance vs real life mph and distance are totally different and pretty pointless comparing.

On the turbo I’m Alex Dowsett - on the road I’m more like Alex Higgins...^_^

Last edited:

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
My point was (a facetious remark) turbo mph and distance vs real life mph and distance are totally different and pretty pointless comparing.

On the turbo I’m Alex Dowsett - on the road I’m more like Alex Higgins...^_^

I'm more of a Terry Griffith type rider, but ride slower than he plays/played

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I ride for 10-12 hours a week including races, all riding is done on my TT bike and all none race riding is done on the turbo.

I ride it for up to 3 hours at a time. Always with a purpose.

After racing I often go on the turbo trainer for a while too either to warm down or if it was a club 10, to do some extra training efforts.

Can't beat it for pure efficiency.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Will to live, declining....

Just get out and ride the darn bike. Turbo fine when it's REALLY cold or snowing or heavy rain. Or with a broken clavicle. That is all.

im starting to find this forum less and less useful, as an 'old road man' you'd be willing to try and help a younger generation.

I knew there was a lot of snobbery towards cycle clothing but was unaware that you could be frowned upon for cycling in the wrong manner, i assumed the point of the forum was to be able to get informed and share ideas but instead it seems a place where people can try and dictate the exact form of cycling i should be doing.

BSRU

A Human Being
im starting to find this forum less and less useful, as an 'old road man' you'd be willing to try and help a younger generation.

I knew there was a lot of snobbery towards cycle clothing but was unaware that you could be frowned upon for cycling in the wrong manner, i assumed the point of the forum was to be able to get informed and share ideas but instead it seems a place where people can try and dictate the exact form of cycling i should be doing.
Doesn't bother me I always do what I fancy regardless of internet forum advice;).
That's internet advice for you, take it or leave it or just ignore it^_^.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
Doesn't bother me I always do what I fancy regardless of internet forum advice;).
That's internet advice for you, take it or leave it or just ignore it^_^.
Oh me too... For the record I use sky kit too ;)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
ride how you want, train how you want, turbo when you want and defo wear what you want...............

Top Bottom