To KOM bash or not?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Take an easy ride to work and just beat him with EPO :-

http://www.digitalepo.com/
Lol, or he could buy a moped!

OP
OP
Steve Saunders

Steve Saunders

Well, he should have an "oh no, someone stole your KOM" email by now :-)
Childish, I know.
I had to ride about 20 miles into a 25mph cross/headwind in order to get to the start of the segment, and managed to take 30 seconds off his time. Given that to get a favourable wind means cycing into the same wind for 20 miles before it I think this is about the fastest I can achieve - at least until summer when I fit faster rubber onto my bike again. Just waiting until he realises what I've done :laugh:

Inthecup

This is what gives me the motivation to get out of bed 3 times a week at 6am for a 10 miler before work (I'm a joiner & can't commute).

Got a segment as part of one of my routes. I could only get within 3 seconds of a KOM on my mountain bike then one morning beat in by 5. The guy that had it (I don't know who he is) hadnt been on it for a month or so and smashed it by 25 seconds (it's only 1.5 miles) the next day.

Since then and after buying a road bike I've got to within 4 seconds but it's a tree lined path so not safe to ride at speed in winter so I'll have to wait until spring to have another shot.

Anyway back to my original point. I think Stravas a brilliant motivational tool if used correctly. I've now got my brother hooked after doing up a £30 banger and sending him on his way with Strava!

n3rdy

Well, he should have an "oh no, someone stole your KOM" email by now :-)
Childish, I know.
I had to ride about 20 miles into a 25mph cross/headwind in order to get to the start of the segment, and managed to take 30 seconds off his time. Given that to get a favourable wind means cycing into the same wind for 20 miles before it I think this is about the fastest I can achieve - at least until summer when I fit faster rubber onto my bike again. Just waiting until he realises what I've done :laugh:
How did he take it, is he still talking to you? :laugh:

OP
OP
Steve Saunders

Steve Saunders

How did he take it, is he still talking to you? :laugh:
He didn't say anything to me, but I did over-hear him saying that some **** had stolen his KOM. He's not too bothered though, and took it in the humour it was intended and is seeing it as extra motivation to go a bit faster next time ;-)

I quite like Strava for that. If one of your mates beats your time (doesn't have to be a KOM) it gives you the extra push to want to be quicker the next time.

n3rdy

He didn't say anything to me, but I did over-hear him saying that some **** had stolen his KOM. He's not too bothered though, and took it in the humour it was intended and is seeing it as extra motivation to go a bit faster next time ;-)

I quite like Strava for that. If one of your mates beats your time (doesn't have to be a KOM) it gives you the extra push to want to be quicker the next time.
haha good stuff! :smile: Yes the only reason I upload to Strava is for friendly competition with friends and the challenge of getting good times on local hills

Top Bottom