To those who use a helmet camera in London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy84

Veteran
Great intro

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Missed the start, but it seemed to turn into the usual crap about cyclist should be accountable.

That isn't the big issue. The road users surrounded by metal cause serious damage to all road users. CUT IT OUT!

Posted at the same time as you dave. from what i heard, you handled it well. Clearly you had a few things ready for the usual crap. You made your points well but i fear that the usual motorist on the board got the upper hand as he will appeal to the greater public.

I listend to Andreas ( the guy that runs London Cyclists blog) on LBC a few weeks ago, and he had similar issues.

Missed the start, but it seemed to turn into the usual crap about cyclist should be accountable.

That isn't the big issue. The road users surrounded by metal cause serious damage to all road users. CUT IT OUT!

Bah! The start was my best bit. I turned cyclists v's motorists into good road users v's bad! :becool:

I'll tell you what, time is so short, it really is hard to say what you want to say!

Lell

You didn't get drawn into silly arguments - well done.

Berry was a bit of a one trick pony - clearly had the accountability\number plate thing in his head and wasn't going to deviate from it.

OP
OP
mr_cellophane

mr_cellophane

Legendary Member
Bah! The start was my best bit. I turned cyclists v's motorists into good road users v's bad! :becool:

True
Then it got into a load of crap about accountability and cyclists being registered. What a numpty when he said other countries have registrations for cyclists, then admits he was only talking about Italian's on 50cc mopeds. :wacko:

You didn't get drawn into silly arguments - well done.

Berry was a bit of a one trick pony - clearly had the accountability\number plate thing in his head and wasn't going to deviate from it.

Aye, I noticed that. Good tactic, focus on one issue and don't let go. To be honest, I have no problem with it in principle, but as he is more than aware practically it is a total no go. Still, as long as I didn't come across as a tree hugging raving loony! :wacko::biggrin:

mgarl10024

Über Member
Firstly, I think you did very well - I'm not sure I'd have been brave enough to have gone on national radio like that, so well done! :biggrin:

I must say though that I was a little disappointed with the segment (not with you). Given the strength of feeling (obvious from the texts etc.) I was hoping for perhaps a 10-15min really productive debate, exploring the issues. However, you got about 2 chances to speak, the other chap the same, and just two short callers, and everyone was interrupted to keep their answers short. Yet afterwards, the presenter was prattling on about nothing - he's now talking about a dog jumping on a piano!
Perhaps my expectations were wrong?

I thought that the other chap was very prepared and drove home the idea of identification/accountability - it would be interesting to learn more how other countries administer this. I also think that you did very well in getting across the idea that we don't think all cyclists are saintly, and that we can all learn how to do things better; and you countered the accountability/insurance idea well with the mention of house insurance.

And, you didn't scream once. :tongue:

Hope that's useful?

True
Then it got into a load of crap about accountability and cyclists being registered. What a numpty when he said other countries have registrations for cyclists, then admits he was only talking about Italian's on 50cc mopeds. :wacko:

What I found funniest, is that he is complianing about cyclists, but then admitted cycling the wrong way up a one way street! :ohmy: If only I had time to pull him up on that!

Top Bottom