Today a Good Driver did this ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dondare

Über Member
Not all drivers are bad :smile:

Have you never seen the film "Duel"?
Another point; as an experienced and confident cyclist you stayed out of the cycle lane coming up to the roundabout. A less experienced rider might have tried to use it and then been left-hooked by the bus. Cycle-lanes can be death traps for the unwary.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Have you never seen the film "Duel"?
Another point; as an experienced and confident cyclist you stayed out of the cycle lane coming up to the roundabout. A less experienced rider might have tried to use it and then been left-hooked by the bus. Cycle-lanes can be death traps for the unwary.
That cycle lane tells you to go all the way around the outside of the roundabout if you want to take the same exit as I did.
HAHA no thanks!

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
I'm not sure if I'm the only person that does this, but when I know some people are being patient so I push extra hard until the point they can safely overtake...

...Am I the only one?
Nope, I tend to do that too. Its just the sense that I am holding someone up and that the person deserves me to give as much as I can to reward their patience.

Black Country Ste

I feel a degree of pressure to get out of the way and do kick on a bit but I won't give way unless it's safe to do so. Sometimes my judgement of a safe place to give way is a little errant.

Shaun

Founder
I've always tried to give a thumbs-up as a "Thank you!" to any driver who I know has been patient and waited until it's safe to pass - I just think it's good manners to acknowledge their thoughtful action - Karma being what it is it hopefully gives them a good feeling to know their patience was appreciated. :thumbsup:

RhythMick

Über Member
I've always tried to give a thumbs-up as a "Thank you!" to any driver who I know has been patient and waited until it's safe to pass - I just think it's good manners to acknowledge their thoughtful action - Karma being what it is it hopefully gives them a good feeling to know their patience was appreciated. :thumbsup:

+1 for this

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
back on the road again these last couple of days and i've had nothing but nice drivers, mixing with articulated lorries and roadworks is never good but i've had some lovely patient drivers.
(totally just jinxed myself)

Top Bottom