Today a Good Driver did this ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I tend to ride myself on country roads, and wave people by when I know they are behind me and unsighted. 9/10 gets me a wave or indicator flash.

Kookas

Über Member
Only smooth when you ride as fast as Gaz!!

Like each pothole is a bit like a ramp, and he just soars over it? ;o

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Today's good driver was me.

We'd been at Claremont Gardens in Esher in the car, and we came up behind a fairly heavily laden tourer.
Had to wait for a couple of minutes for a gap in oncoming traffic, which was obviously not a problem (for me) and overtook with tons of space.

Got a nice big wave, which was nice.

I do enjoy showing the other drivers how it should be done.

Maz

Guru
Today a driver said "Thank you, God bless you" after I pushed his car off the main road...old fella and his wife (must've been in their seventies) - their car broke down on the main road and traffic was building up behind them. Asked him if he needed to use my mobile to ring a friend, but he had one with him.

Got the traffic flowing again and the old boy's grateful too. Karma! :thumbsup:

MickL

Über Member
On my commute home last night, I had a lorry hold back behind me on a dual carriage way for good 500m, when he pass me I gave him a thumbs up only to see he was pulling a trailer as well which he made sure was well past me before pulling back into the lane, top marks. Didn't get the name of the company but it was Polish plates on the lorry.

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway

benb

Evidence based cyclist
What I do like is when filtering, a driver in front sees you coming up in his mirrors, and moves over to the left, or right, depending, to let you through more easily.
Just a really nice thing to do.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Great driving. Driver spotted twice, around 3 miles or so later on. Company may want to invest into a better GPS ha.
Company was emailed to pass on my compliments to the driver.

I did express many times in the email for my compliments to be pass on so I hope he/she gets it and then maybe they will do it more. Hopefully its a company that rewards good driving and emails of praise.

SW19cam

Über Member
What I do like is when filtering, a driver in front sees you coming up in his mirrors, and moves over to the left, or right, depending, to let you through more easily.
Just a really nice thing to do.

Totally! My "take the Pi$$ out of the War on Britain's Roads" video was exactly that. But I felt guilty that he tried to help but that I couldn't really progress anywhere.... ::tongue: Welcome to the Strand!

Seriously nice stuff though to notice me and pull in a bit to let me pass.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Yesterday on the way home, I was squeezing between 2 lanes of stationary traffic, both pointing in same direction. There really wasn't room to get through, so I stopped between 2 cars, which I wasn't too happy about, but I'd kind of got myself stuck. So the driver to my left tucked her wing mirror in so I could get through, which was lovely of her.

Yesterday's good driver gesture was one that wasn't needed but appreciated. She overtook me in the cycle lane a little bit before a junction; far enough that she could have manouvred in front without me classifying a left hook but before turning she made sure that she was past i was in her mirror. Too many drivers forget them, its good to see one not :thumbsup:

Top Bottom