Today a Good Driver did this ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Today's good driver apologised for not running me over :whistle:

MrHappyCyclist

Riding the Devil's HIghway

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65TnQvkymPg
tweet.jpg

MickL

Über Member
Lots of good driving on the way home with people holding back especially one young driver in corsa, held back while I climb up a short hill because he couldn't see what was coming as I approach the rise I could see no traffic so I waved him to pass which he did given me lots of space and wave at me. Faith in humanity restored for another day.

Riding into Aylesbury today and got to the stupid pinch thingy here, bus in the stop picking up passengers and a large 4x4 behind me, so got ready for a close pass but the guy stayed well back til we cleared the pinch point and returned my wave as he went past. Cheered me up no end.

sheffgirl

Today I was pleasantly surprised by a nice driver of a little white car (Fiat 500 maybe?). This morning was the busiest I have cycled in for a while, so I did some filtering past the left hand side of the queues of stationary traffic when I could. The driver was overtook me with plenty of room which was nice, then I the traffic slowed so she came to a stop, but I noticed before she did she moved a little to the right to give me room to pass :smile:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I was behind an RAC van towing a car, who in turn was behind another cyclist.
A lesser driver would have squeezed their way through, especially since the cyclist in front was gutter hugging a bit and waved for them to pass - but there wasn't room to do that safely, so the driver ignored the cyclist's wave through and sat patiently behind for several minutes.

Might put the video up, as it was exemplary driving.

Got a wave from us both.

Lots of good driving on the way home with people holding back especially one young driver in corsa, held back while I climb up a short hill because he couldn't see what was coming as I approach the rise I could see no traffic so I waved him to pass which he did given me lots of space and wave at me. Faith in humanity restored for another day.
Wasnt a commute but I had a car hold back for quite a bit through an awkward section but one where 3 or 4 car try to squeeze through; it maybe helped I was going a good speed tailwind assisted but :becool:

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Maybe I'm an optimist, but I think drivers in my area have noticeably improved over the last year or so. I hardly ever get pinch point passes any more, although maybe I'm just faster and more assertive in my positioning now. Hard to unpick confounding variables.

fabregas485

Hey, I am new here, but what thread would be a better thread to post in than this one. I was riding today when someone cut me up. I was a bit shaken (I am still new to road bikes), and the person behind pulled over to check I was ok. The person then waited for me to set off, and overtook once the other lane was clear. I made sure to give them a wave as they passed.

Top Bottom