Today it was safer to go swimming!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Katherine

Guru
Because of the strong winds, I swapped my mid week ride for an hour in the local pool doing lengths. It's quite a while since I've been swimming apart from on holiday and I noticed that my legs were really strong from cycling but my arms weren't. Maybe I should go more often?

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Swimming is great, nothing beats specific training

screenman

Legendary Member
I swim 5+ hours a week and cycle 5 as well, I feel for me the benefits of swimming are greater than those from cycling. Mind you the scenery does not change as much when swimming.

Ian A

Über Member
Another swimmer here. Great full body workout and a different kind of fitness if that makes sense. I could run or cycle long distances when I started swimming again a few years ago but struggled to swim 50m without gassing. Happy to say that's been rectified by hard masters and tri club sessions

screenman

Legendary Member
Another swimmer here. Great full body workout and a different kind of fitness if that makes sense. I could run or cycle long distances when I started swimming again a few years ago but struggled to swim 50m without gassing. Happy to say that's been rectified by hard masters and tri club sessions

I was exactly the same, even after years of water sports I struggled 4 lenghts, now is a different story. I also swim with a tri club.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I went to my local pool the other day as I was thinking about doing a bit of swimming in the evenings . £5 :eek:

vickster

Legendary Member
But think of all that money you are saving on not smoking, give up the e cigs and you'll be quids in ;) Normally you can join the leisure centre and save money on services

screenman

Legendary Member
Could have bought 20 B&H Kingsize from Tesco for only £9.14

Knowing how much it costs to open and run a pool a £5 is good value. I multi book so it comes out quite a bit cheaper, about £3.20 a swim, which for me is 90 minutes.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
But think of all that money you are saving on not smoking, give up the e cigs and you'll be quids in ;) Normally you can join the leisure centre and save money on services
That doesn't mean I have to waste it on jumping in some water ! I can get five tinnies and sit in the bath for just as long !
As for the costs of running it , its a council run centre so im already bloody paying for it ! Five bloody quid :cursing:

screenman

Legendary Member
That doesn't mean I have to waste it on jumping in some water ! I can get five tinnies and sit in the bath for just as long !
As for the costs of running it , its a council run centre so im already bloody paying for it ! Five bloody quid :cursing:

How do you work that out? maybe a little weekly contribution but not the whole lot.

Tommy2

Über Member
I'm getting back to the pool for early morning swims now that my little one if sleeping better, still not able to get back to the evening tri club sessions yet though, gutted because we've got a coach from Leeds uni taking the sessions.

Top Bottom