Today when I exercised my democratic right...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Things are STILL kicking off at my polling station... people pushing each other, screaming, running about etc. Oh, hang on, it's a primary school. :evil:

rh100

I saw twice as many people as last time - about six :evil:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Globalti said:
I'm sure drive-through voting would get a much higher turnout as people wouldn't even have to leave their cars.

Perhaps that's where we have gone wrong ... we should bias the voting system... ok drive throughs would increase voting ... but are they the people we want to vote...;) I suggest that you can only vote if you arrive by bike....:thumbsup: (hopefully that might influence it slightly although it could still be a hung parliament).

Norm

Fnaar said:
Things are STILL kicking off at my polling station... people pushing each other, screaming, running about etc. Oh, hang on, it's a primary school. :cheers:
;) Brilliant! :thumbsup:

ChrisKH

Guru
I voted yesterday at about 8.15 am. Place was empty and I took my bike in. Tory candidate made a point of having a chat with me when I got off the train in the evening - usually they ignore me and assume my bike means I'm working class, so no chance of a vote. My son said I should vote for Nick Clegg as he has the same name, so he must be a good sort.

buddha

Veteran
Is it mandatory for all female con. members to adopt the Thatcher bouffant hairdo?
I did a double-take yesterday at the polling station as one of them was a striking resemblance.

My hand even did an instinctive quiver - as if to throw an egg in her direction:laugh:

Arch

Married to Night Train
Rhythm Thief said:
They were interviewing people about this on as much of Election Night Special as I could stay awake for (I'd been up since 3am the previous morning). One woman was saying she'd been down to vote at 6, 7 and 8pm and each time decided to come back later when the queues had gone down, as any of us might. Only when she went back at 9pm did she realise she might not get to vote. I have some sympathy with people in that position and from what I can see it was a relatively common scenario last night.

To be fair,when I posted that, it was just after ten, and all I'd heard was that people were left queueing.... From what I've heard since, it seems there may have been some cockups, although I haven't heard any detailed explanation.

Having voted on the way to work, I was feeling smug.

So, we have no government? Funny, the traffic lights still work, the birds still fly, GQT is just the same on radio 4. Do we really need them?

Arch said:
So, we have no government? Funny, the traffic lights still work, the birds still fly, GQT is just the same on radio 4. Do we really need them?

Give it a week or so ... ;)

OP
OP
downfader

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
We've had the news on the telly in the seating area of our restaurant, and I had the radio on in my potwash. Been waiting for news, and it seems now that Cameron is prepared to do a slight repeat of the early 70s coahilition with the Liberals.

Could be a chance for a) the Libdems to prove themselves in Government and :biggrin: a referendum on the entire voting system leading to a new election sometime soon.

Brown, surely he has now been proved to be deeply unpopular, should leave as Party Leader imo.

on the road

Über Member
The tories have only offered a "committee of inquiry" on electoral reform while the LibDems want PR.

I notice the Tories are now offering the LibDems a place on government. The LibDems where calling both parties "narrow minded" for thinking they could govern on their own.

I wonder if the LibDems will be narrow minded enough to take up the Tories offer of a place on government? ;)

Top Bottom