Mercian Do it all bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
A couple of weeks ago i had a message about a local ex cyclist who wanted to start clearing his out house , so i agreed to go round this morning and have a look .

The only downside was this 70's Mercian Tourer and a couple of Williams chainsets and spare rings and a Brookes b17 super champion and Flyer followed me !!

WP_20170325_015.jpg
WP_20170325_020.jpg
WP_20170325_021.jpg
WP_20170325_022.jpg
WP_20170325_016.jpg
WP_20170325_019.jpg

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Love it! All the period trimmings too.

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Love it! All the period trimmings too.

Must admit thats was one of the things i liked about it as well meant to have been built to order in the 70's by Mercian with his special request for dynamo front fork mount , pump pegs on right hand stay and the two top tube cable mounts slightly offset to the right and a slightly higher than normal bottom bracket and long drop calipers so he could use it for some off roading if need be .

At some point i can only presume its been refinished as the Reynolds sticker says renovated although he had no knowledge of this bless him

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Must admit thats was one of the things i liked about it as well meant to have been built to order in the 70's by Mercian with his special request for dynamo front fork mount , pump pegs on right hand stay and the two top tube cable mounts slightly offset to the right and a slightly higher than normal bottom bracket and long drop calipers so he could use it for some off roading if need be .
Those were the days.

Bet he's your best friend now.

wisdom

Guru
You never cease to amaze me/us all these gems you keep turning up with.
Lovely bike and period fittings.Will be a pleasure to see and ride .When you've finished with it.

Ah right, that would make sense i suppose. I've seen pumps behind the seat tube before but this Mercian seems to have surprisingly short chainstays. I'd be worried in case my leg kept hitting it, but i guess that doesn't happen

Top Bottom