Tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

spindrift said:
Flagging down a motorist to give him a flea in the ear is the police's job, not yours.

I'll speak to who I like, thanks, magna probably feels the same.

The posts on your forum, endorsed and defended by "Rikki" the moderator yeti are evidence of a thuggish, aggressive attitude that reflects very badly on the form and its posters.

To be fair spindrift. I shouldn't have flagged him down. I accept that. Although when he does stop I am not aggressive, I just ask him why he did it. My voice is raised, but then the traffic noise is quite high.

That's the only time (I can remember anyway) that I flagged a motorists down. The rest of the time I just happened to catch them up and I would ask, why did you do that (or I was forced off the road and chatted then!).

I've never claimed to be perfect, I have posted mistakes of my own that the camera picked up (I am sure there are others). However, I do not willfully break any laws on the road. I don't jump red lights, pavement cycle etc. The videos where I cross the road at some lights I dismount and walk across!

Part of the reason for posting my videos is so I can learn from them too. I want to improve my cycling. There are cycle trainers on here who are free to comment on my cycling and sometimes they do. I encourage comments, just not threats or abuse.

Yeti, I am happy for you to be here. The more cross communication there is between different road users the better. We've all got to get along on the roads, so getting along here is a good start!:biggrin:

I do get the feeling that a lot of people will be waiting to see what I post next. Who knows a sun reporter may well be one of my more recent youtube subscribers. Me paranoid!?!?:biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
In that case, you'd better can that idea you had of posting up those nude publicity shots.....

:biggrin:

sanoffyhighstepson

magnatom said:
Ah, but then, that's probably the same as lumping all cyclists together. I am sure the enthusiast that really love their cars are probably careful drivers. Who would want to damage their pride and joy. In fact I am sure I can remember a few occasions when a very modded car has given me plenty of room or respect and I have been pleasantly surprised. ..

Your right in one sense Magnatom. Some modders do drive carefully but some drive like loonies, wrapping their pride and joy round a lamppost or doing a spot of hedgetrimming with them!!! LOL.

However, I have been driving now for ten years and have yet to see anyone with a classic older car, and I'm not being biased here because I own one, driving like a loony. Basicaly cos we you cant replace what we've got.

Thats why most of you guys cycle safely, cos you cant replace what you've got,life!!! However, there are a few cyclists who think they really are invincible like some of the modder crew.

Think av been well documented in here already about my car so here goes. www.mckaysclassicfiesta.weebly.com . Certainly wouldnt want to ruin this or get a pedal scuff on it!!! LOL

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
magnatom said:
Just to add, it would appear that Sky have changed their news item for the better after Cab and I contacted them :smile:

they got another contact from here as well

looks like 'Which' have modded also?

Arch

Married to Night Train
goo_mason said:
I'd better keep my eyes and ears peeled and open then ! I also heard a rumour that Martin Scorcese and Quentin Tarantino are in the running for the film adaptation of your story :smile: I heard that Gerard Butler is up for your part and Julia Roberts is slated to play Arch :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Slated? She'd have to be tiled and reinforced like a brick outhouse to come close to looking like me!

But I appreciate the compliment!:smile:

killiekosmos

Veteran
Magnatom

I've just seen the BBC Scotland story on news tonight. A good story with impressive stats on increased cycling in Glasgow and a councillor saying good things about cyclists too.

Well done.

Cab

magnatom said:
Just to add, it would appear that Sky have changed their news item for the better after Cab and I contacted them :biggrin:

I have asked for a retraction, but I'm not sure I will get that.....:biggrin:

Well I never! I suppose a retraction would be a lot to ask for; be happy that they've corrected the story!

I always find that its good to start such an email with 'as one of your paying customers, I am distressed to see...' :smile:

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
sanoffyhighstepson said:
Wonder what percentage of the funds will travel north of the border!!! Seems to mention England quite a lot although in all fairness, I only skimmed over it!!!

The funding is provided by Cycling England in this case, which is why its going into the English schools. In Bristol they have been running cycle taining and road craft skills in the primary schools for a number of years, but it is upto each school to set aside time in the timetable.

My daughter's school has had cycle training in the past but so far they don't look like they will for her year. (I know I can teach her but I think its a fun thing to do at school as opposed to school work - plus you sometimes learn better from someone you don't know;).)

goo_mason

killiekosmos said:
Magnatom

I've just seen the BBC Scotland story on news tonight. A good story with impressive stats on increased cycling in Glasgow and a councillor saying good things about cyclists too.

Well done.

Och - missed it. Is it online anywhere ?

civ

Yeti said:
Flagging down a motorist to give him a flea in the ear is the police's job, not yours.

If he'd forced the guy to stop somehow, I'd agree - but it was the driver's decision to pull over.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

About 15mins 30 in.

If someone could rip it for me that would be great.

What software do folk use (free ideally). If I'm going to be on regularly......:smile:

Yeti

Eat MY Dust said:
Car modification? what's wrong with you? car manufacturers spend millions designing cars and then some west coast schemie comes along and puts a big shark fin on the back WTF?

Cars, like roads, are built as a compromise. It's all a balance between cost, performance and who needs to use it.

Most of us simply modify the car to better suit what we want.

Just for the record, my personal opinion is ridiculous bodykits are hideous and anyone fitting one should be shot, or maybe run over.

goo_mason

That was a great piece. Positive, not one mention of vigilantes, no-one ranting about red-light-jumping, pavement riding cyclists that should be paying road tax and cycling in the gutters etc etc.

Good to see cycling numbers growing, and consideration for better integration of cyclists in their city plans.

Was that your bike with the low cameras facing back and forwards attached ?

Top Bottom