Tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yoobatube

Why can't we all just get along?

I pass you on my commute to work (I commute by motorcycle, car and push bike) and feel that often your riding position is aggressive and could be the reason why you seem to have so many experiences caught on camera.

I hope that the police do something about these people leaving threats, it would show people that threatening behaviour over the internet is unacceptable.

P.S my driving must be good as I am yet to feature on one of your videos

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
yoobatube said:
I pass you on my commute to work (I commute by motorcycle, car and push bike) and feel that often your riding position is aggressive and could be the reason why you seem to have so many experiences caught on camera.

Aggressive or assertive?

yoobatube

Aggressive, he is not that great at doing life savers and the road where I pass him is a wide road as it is used for moving HGV's from the docks to the motorway and taking the middle of the lane position on these roads is not required.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
yoobatube said:
Aggressive, he is not that great at doing life savers and the road where I pass him is a wide road as it is used for moving HGV's from the docks to the motorway and taking the middle of the lane position on these roads is not required.

Ok, I just thought I'd ask to clarify :sad:

I haven't got any knowledge about any roads north of Whitby (:biggrin:) So I can't express an opinion.

Mags'll probably be along anyway :biggrin:

Cab

yoobatube said:

Aggressive how?

nethalus

gambatte said:
I used to design busses. I was working on the rear end of a new 'Autobus' minicoach (now part of Optare). Cos of that I'd been looking at legislation round lighting etc. working out what variation of positions we could put 'em.

Anyway my car was in the process of being written off. Someone couldn't see a bright red 2.3lt carlton parked on a main road in daylight....;)

Ins co tried reducing the amount of payout and delivering the car back to me, it still had 'residual value'.:biggrin:

I pointed out to them, defective lights are illegal.

During daylight theres a defence that they've just gone, you'll sort them ASAP.
At night theres NO defence.

Told them They could only deliver the motor to me 'on the road'. As their insured had damaged the light cluster it was illegal. I wasn't prepared to accept an illegal vehicle in an illegal position.

10 mins later they decided to keep the car and paid up.:biggrin::biggrin:

You used to design buses for Optare!! You're not responsible for those horrible Optare Solos are you?? Never heard a good word said about them by bus drivers!!!

spindrift

Rikki@Strathycruise said:
I thought I should pipe up as it was me that sold Yeti his bike for £30 ;)

Interesting reading, this thread and the other one. Good to see that in general modified/performance car owners are more respectful on the road, I can fully appreciate what magnatom is saying as if you actually care about your vehicle, you are more likely to look after it - compared to someone who just sees it as a method of getting from A to B.

Normal car drivers seem to be the nuggets out there most of the time though, or those that are on the road so much they neglect the most basic rules from the highway code. There are a LOT of cab drivers who dont indicate, pull out randomly and will do pretty much anything to stop dead for a fare.Coupled with company reps in company cars (is there anything you could care less for than a free company car?) and other menaces I can fully see why magnatom films what goes on. I'd love to capture drivers on video being dicks, but my collection would mainly consist of school mums and old grannies.

As for the death threats (at least the joke ones on my site) they amount to nothing more than being told at school that "Im going to boot your balls". Having heard this many times in my life I do not remember once instance of my testicles ever being impacted. Just as people call each others names like "you're a dick" it doesnt mean that they literaly have a shiny purple head and a thick vein running down their back.

Props for the coverage fella.

Rikki

Death threats are never really very funny Rikki, but your claim that the Strathycruisers website endorse magna's campaign doesn't really fit square with your actions yesterday, does it?

You printed an email from me, together with my name and its provenance on your website. When I advised you you were breaking the law you claimed you had forwarded the emails to other people at my place of work whose email addresses you got from trawling the website.

far from distancing yoruself from the aggressive, unpleasant behaviour on your site, you encouraged it and took part in it yourself!

As I told you in the email you ignored, this is a great shame. It appears you take care on your site to neither endorse nor encourage bad behaviour on the roads and this was your chance to distance yourself from what may be characterised as boy-racer, reckless selfishness.

You blew it.

You're a coward and a hypocrite too, I can confidently assert that none of your posters who threatened to smash magna's head in or run him over received similar harrassment, that has by the way been reported to the police since threatening phone calls have now been received, so it is clear you emply double standards and treat threats as a joke and questions from anyone wondering whether these "jokes" are funny as an excuse to supply the questioners details to your baying mob of homophobes and violent thugs. Using "gay" as an insult? How old are you?

This whole episode reflects very badly on your website and you yourself. It really is a great shame.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
nethalus said:
You used to design buses for Optare!! You're not responsible for those horrible Optare Solos are you?? Never heard a good word said about them by bus drivers!!!

Nope - not me!! :wacko:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Ok, this is the last, I promise! Had my bit on Radio Scotland this morning MacAulay and co. I was round about 1 hour 6 mins in.

Have alisten here http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/networks/scotland/aod.shtml?scotland/macaulayandco_fri

Afternoon fella.

1. "...but your claim that the Strathycruisers website endorse magna's campaign doesn't really fit square with your actions yesterday, does it?"

Where did I say my website endorses anything, and for the second time it’s called Strathycruise not Strathycruisers (since you like to split hairs).

2. "You printed an email from me, together with my name and its provenance on your website. When I advised you you were breaking the law you claimed you had forwarded the emails to other people at my place of work whose email addresses you got from trawling the website."

If you *REALLY* want to air dirty laundry in public (which I know for a fact is not in the interests of the rest of this forum and its users) then I will include ALL communications you sent me and my replies here in this thread so people can read how you started your campaign and how it ended. If you are going to threaten DPR, police and anyone elses involvement then I'll happily build my own strategies, the first of which was to consult with people at the root domain address of the emails you sent if your line of questioning was officially sanctioned by your organisation. By leaving in the pseudo-legalise text blob at the bottom of the emails from your company, one could contrive that as being such. If you hadn’t been so uppity about things you would have received a far more warm and friendly reply, and since you posted verbatim your first email to me here on this very site you can’t claim copyright with a no public domain disclosure clause.

3. "far from distancing yoruself from the aggressive, unpleasant behaviour on your site, you encouraged it and took part in it yourself!

As I told you in the email you ignored, this is a great shame. It appears you take care on your site to neither endorse nor encourage bad behaviour on the roads and this was your chance to distance yourself from what may be characterised as boy-racer, reckless selfishness."

I actually read in the Sun the day you emailed about the Doc and what he did, I thought it was pretty good personally from the article. The forum users on my site have looked further into things and have taken to point various aspects of the videos as being antagonistic etc. I encouraged nothing, as stated you really need to make the mental distinction between sarcasm, humour and actual threatening behaviour and solid vengeance. As the man himself has stated here, modified/performance car owners generally drive better than others.

4. "You're a coward and a hypocrite too, I can confidently assert that none of your posters who threatened to smash magna's head in or run him over received similar harrassment, that has by the way been reported to the police since threatening phone calls have now been received, so it is clear you emply double standards and treat threats as a joke and questions from anyone wondering whether these "jokes" are funny as an excuse to supply the questioners details to your baying mob of homophobes and violent thugs. Using "gay" as an insult? How old are you?

This whole episode reflects very badly on your website and you yourself. It really is a great shame."

You don't know me friend, so to call me a coward and hypocrite seems out with your realm for discussion. Feel free to report anything you like to the police, the data protection registrar or Santa Claus - it is after all your prerogative. As you told me where you work I can see you are suited to newspaper style reporting with claims of pitchfork wielding hate mobs roaming the streets in search of homosexuals and cyclists, although I would have pegged a more "common" style of publication for that type of sensationalism. As for my website, well its been going for over 8 years now, biggest site of its kind and among the 11,000+ reg'd users there are bound to be a few numpties along the way - but hey, such is life.

R.

spindrift

and since you posted verbatim your first email to me here on this very site you can’t claim copyright with a no public domain disclosure clause.

This is a lie. I posted the email. You copied the email and posted it, with the provenance and my name on a thread discussing using vehicles as weapons against cyclists.

Why did you do that, and then ignore requests to provide details of your DPA procedure?

You don't know me friend, so to call me a coward and hypocrite seems out with your realm for discussion.

This makes no sense but I call it as I see it.

You chose not to defend the threats posted on your site and instead indulged in cowardly personal attacks and threats of tittle-tattling to the employers of anyone who dares disagree with you. You made no such threats to anyone joining in with calling magnatom "gay" and so on so you are demonstrably also a hypocrite.

Bleating about "washing dirty linen in public" does not sit very well with your tactics of threatening and abusing people with whom you disagree.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Guys,

You both obviously have some issues with each other and I think it best I stay out of it. It might be worth taking this argument to soapbox. It would be a shame to force this thread to be dragged over there.

spindrift

As for my website, well its been going for over 8 years now, biggest site of its kind and among the 11,000+ reg'd users there are bound to be a few numpties along the way - but hey, such is life.

So you have some strange, aggressive posters on your site who display an antipathy toward other road users to the extent of posting details of their commute so as to ascertain the best time to run them over?

In light of this, what, exactly, did you hope to achieve by posting my name and employer?

This is the saddest thing, your website appears populated by testosterone-driven thugs, the evidence is posted above.
Now, you, Rikki, had a chance to distance yourself form the less restrained threats that you allowed to be posted.

Instead, you join in the mob who were screaming the vilest homophobic abuse and betray a confidence by posting my personal details there on the forum before even having the courtesy of replying to me.

But you claim you're not a coward?

domtyler

Über Member
BentMikey said:
Positive reinforcement is the best motivator. Criticism doesn't work well unless done very carefully and with respect, sandwiched between two slices of praise.

Have you been reading the One Minute Manager books again Mikey? :biggrin:

spindrift

We had a spate a while ago of congratulatory emails sent to firms whose employees displayed courteous driving.

Video clips of such atypical behaviour wouldn't be quite as interesting....

Top Bottom