Tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ah ok :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are only just starting the 'cycle training' again - it's not been carried out in my area for years. - I'm not even sure we'll get any in our area.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

It would appear that Sky News picked this up

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30100-1310723,00.html?f=rss

It has also appeared on the website of Which:
http://www.which.co.uk/reports_and_...y/cycling_youtube_news_article_557_135578.jsp

I'm not happy with this one. It suggests that the police criticised me. They didn't. They only said people should not take the law into their own hands, which I don't! They never actually said that I do take the law into my own hands!

I suppose it's to be expected. The majority of the press is good.

sanoffyhighstepson

I note that the Sun reporter was as you said, one of those freelance ones. Thats what happened to me too and he made me out to be a pretty explosive person. I do have a temper when things get to me but it usually takes quite a bit. And anyway, the green eyed monster in me is usually exposed on a football pitch, dont like losing at that!!!
Thats where the vigilante tag has come from. Pretty unfair but thats whats happens with shoot tabloids like that. Only in it to get some sort of story and if they can dramatise it they will.
They even duped me into a photo whilst waitin for ma bus when a was startin work.This guy with Sun I.D said they were doin a piece on violence on buses. All the guy asked me was "Is violence on buses a daily occurence", I told him yes it was and that I hated it but needed the job to suport ma family.*SNAP*. Photo taken. Next thing a know am out of a job after bein tarred as a "furious bus driver".
Total crap. Media coverage is a very sensitive issue to me and I will never forgive them for it. It may have changed my life for the better for the fact that I have time with my family, but financially it has crippled us.
Take care and good luck with them.

sanoffyhighstepson

Wouldnt say condemned as they have. Would say something like "politely educated on the subject".
Well we do,after all, live in a PC world dont we?? Might as well get it right. LOL!!!

Cab

tdr1nka said:
'As well as receiving death threats and foul abuse from angry drivers, he has also been condemned by police.'

Interesting view from Sky News there!

Boo hiss to crap journalism.

Simply incorrect really. The police didn't criticise him, they urged him not to take the law into his own hands.

Email to sky sent.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

SOHSS, yes it can certainly work both ways. You do wonder how they can sleep at night when they have done something like that to someone.

tdr1nka, I hadn't noticed that sky had said that. They are completely twisting what the police have said. They never personally criticised me. In fact the two police officers who came to chat with me were very supportive.

Ho hum!

Yeti

Magnatom, you obviously don't watch Star Trek much - your sig is incorrect.

it's "We are the Borg" :wacko:

Anyway, congratulations on you appearance on STV, they appear to have done a good job of skewing your appearance to your point of view. They could just as easily have shown a bunch of different videos and made you the bad guy.

Never trust the media, unless you ARE the media ;-)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Thought you must have missed the Sky bit when you only mentioned the 'Which(hunt)' article.

All the two articles have done is to print everything else from the original press and then crowbarred in more emotive words to describe the nature of Police comments.

Top Bottom