Too many punctures-recommend me a tyre!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ttcycle

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Of course punctures will happen but my current tyres are worn and puncturing a lot hence seeking replacements. I have a pair of Vittoria Rubinos that I'll use for now until I get round to replacing them.

busman

How about slim tubes???

markharry66

Über Member
I have used gator skins, not great in the wet only in my opinion. I brought some Hutchinson tyres from decathlon. Used them for a year not fancy or expensive. I normally get a years worth of puncture free cycling out of them. Probably not the fastest tyre in the world but to be fair dont really get any punctures from them. I ride daily think they are pretty good budget tyre.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Lugano`s any good, need a new set, mine are cut up ? They were the Bonty hardcases but since the price has gone up , they are in the price bracket of other tyres now ??

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Bought a pair of Rubino Pro folders from Wiggle £26 odd, sure they will be fine for rest of year. Then I may purchase something a bit more in the ways of protection for the wet/ winter bike.

dee.jay

Network Ninja
I had Schwalbe Marathon's on my previous bike which are sitting spare in the shed.

New bike has got Continental Sport Contact 2 tyres on at the moment and I am fairly happy with them. The tread design is nice as it goes from rim-rim in a continuous pattern, does give me some confidence to lean into bends.

BEHMOTH66

Marathon Plus for me cycle 10 miles a day through Manchester City Centre and into Salford. not had a problem compared to the 4 I got with standard fitted tyres in one week.

Colnago Master

I've had lots of different tyres and they've all been pretty much the same. My only opinion is only buy beaded tyres if they're bullet-proof e.g. Marathon plus or delta cruisers. This is because if you use tyres levers to get the tyre off you weaken the sidewall. I think this is especially true of gator skins. My absolute favourite tyre is Vredstein tricomp. Light and easily removed and fitted with your hands. Too good for commuting really but I had to fit one a long time ago and it's been fine.
I'm not worried about weight for commuting as my massive messenger bag weighs nearly as much as my bike even when it's empty.

zacklaws

Guru
Maxxis Re-Fuse, more than impressed with them now, they just keep going, 3500 miles and only one puncture, I'm now stocked up with 4 spares in my spares box just in case I cannot get my hands on any when these wear out.

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
I've used Gatorskins for the last four years, and only had one blow out / puncture, large bit of metal punctured about 10mm from the wheel rim while cornering, doubt any tyre would have survived that. I've ordered some Marathon plus tyres (£20 each and should be delivered today) as I'm doing a lot of trails and on some of the steep sloppy sections the gatorskins just don't have the grip level on the back (spinning out).

Lets hope the Marathons are as good as the Gatorskins.

Have had Durano etapes on for about 6 months with no issues but then again the gp400s's I had also were problem free.

Top Bottom