Too many punctures-recommend me a tyre!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I've found Durano tyres good , bonty hard case lites the same however they do eventually fail after about 3k miles. The key and I'm not good at this is to check your tyres every week for debris and cuts dig out the glass and sharp stuff and should be fine. Nothing I bullet proof unless solid!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
+1 Vittoria Rubino Pro
+2

andyfraser

Über Member
Another vote for Rubino Pros from me. I've also been using Gatorskins on my fixed and they've been pretty good so far on the horrendous glass covered cycle paths round here.

zacklaws

Guru
I've ordered some Marathon plus tyres as I'm doing a lot of trails and on some of the steep sloppy sections the gatorskins just don't have the grip level on the back (spinning out).
Lets hope the Marathons are as good as the Gatorskins.

I rode Marathon+ on some of the big rides I did last year to rule out punctures and thought they would be more grippier than the Conti 4000's I was using then.....but I got a shock one night going up a 15% hill when my back wheel just spun on the wet tarmac, just as I was about to bail out or fall off as I could no longer balance any longer, I got grip. Really surprised me.

MikeW-71

Veteran
GP4000S are amazingly grippy in the wet. In the TdY Sportive on sunday I climbed the cobbled Haworth main street in the soaking wet. Even out of the saddle on the 17% top section, no hint of wheelspin.

The same applies to 4 Seasons as they use the same Black Chilli compound. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom