Too windy to go cycling....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
There’s room on the handlebars for at least another light, a bell and maybe a rear view mirror!:smile:
Joking apart that is one clean machine,

IBarrett

Über Member
I don’t understand this thread. Surely everyone washes their commuter every week and the weekend bike after every ride?
I wax my - wait for it...! - road bike so it’s easier to clean. It is white so it shows every spot of dirt though.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Your bike looks nice and clean now.

One thing that strikes me though ... The saddle looks many inches too low and if it is it will be making your cycling much harder work than it needs to be! Do you really need that super-upright cycling position? (It will also be putting most of your weight on the saddle rather than sharing some of it through your arms which could could lead to a sore bum on long rides.)

If it works for you, fair enough, but I would really struggle after riding 20+ miles in that position.

OP
OP
Distorted Vision
Indeed. I'm fully aware of that since I first bought it. It's my first bike since the Raleigh Mustang SIS MTB that my parents bought me for Christmas when I was 11. I've been waiting for someone to comment on the saddle height and can't believe it's taken 4 years!

The truth is I think I bought a frame one size too big. According to the size chart I was on the border so I decided to size up. It's a medium and I should have gone for a small. But it feels perfectly comfortable for me to ride though.

Last edited:

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Just wondering - what does the light on the seat post do?

2019-01-26-14-jpg.jpg

vickster

Legendary Member
Just wondering - what does the light on the seat post do?

View attachment 449467
Maybe he uses it when there aren’t panniers attached?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes I don't understand all those lights and I do a certain amount of all night riding. Is the taller one perhaps a ray gun to blast pulling out drivers?
Or to blind other cyclists as well as motorists? I think at least one is a camera?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have never been blinded by a car driver on my bike.
That is surprising, unless you never ride at night in places without roadside lighting!

Towards the end of a recent metric century ride I cycled up the 5.5 mile climb from Mytholmroyd to Blackstone Edge. Unfortunately, it was a bit later than expected when I got there so I encountered a lot of rush hour traffic in the dark. It wasn't too bad for the lower part of the climb because there is street lighting there so cars coming the other way were generally using dipped lights and my pupils were not fully open to capture maximum light. The road over open moorland higher up was different altogether. Nearly all of the many cars coming towards me were on full beam until they got close to me, by which time they had already blinded me. Several times I nearly rode off into the ditch on my left and a couple of times I went the other way towards the middle of the narrow road. Not pleasant!

PS When I got to the top, I discovered that I had accidentally been riding with my 3W (maximum power) front light on its energy-saving setting, which probably explains why oncoming drivers had been so slow to dip for me! Mind you, if they had dipped too soon then they might have ended up in the ditch themselves, given that it was pitch black up there.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom