Took the dog for a walk today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

It almost made me want to not call the dog to see what would happen, and if they hit him they would have ended in the canal bike and all! Yes i am a cyclist,commuter. It was just an observation on my part and needed a rant.

@BFB! this is what i posted. I didnt threaten i said it ALMOST made me not want to call him to heel, but as i am a resposible dog owner i did and within plenty of time. I made an observation about how many times people did and did not say thanks and it wasnt just cyclists it was runners too! i didnt say it was my god given right to be thanked, just it would have been nice. he wasnt being intimidating or a nusance just plodding along as he does minding his own business. You miss the point.

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
Arrogant twat !!!!!!!!!!!

Whhoooossshhh!

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
however, apparently, whilst the op is allowed to spout and vent (and make idle threats), others are not by the forum police. the same forum police then turn to insulting remarks and indeed try to make out that, their opinion on my opinion is in fact the correct opinion and the proper way to behave.

it is amusing that you're all so wound up, that you think mugshot is serious.

we do have to take folks at face value.

Well I guess you do, I shall remember a few of the more choice remarks of some and the sheer stupidity of others. It's ironic, don't you think, that the two people that I was having a ludicrously unsubtle dig at were the only ones that were polite.
In a debate about manners? How delicious!

Little yellow Brompton

A dark destroyer of biscuits!
It almost made me want to not call the dog to see what would happen, and if they hit him they would have ended in the canal bike and all! Yes i am a cyclist,commuter. It was just an observation on my part and needed a rant.

@BFB! this is what i posted. I didnt threaten i said it ALMOST made me not want to call him to heel, but as i am a resposible dog owner i did and within plenty of time. I made an observation about how many times people did and did not say thanks and it wasnt just cyclists it was runners too! i didnt say it was my god given right to be thanked, just it would have been nice. he wasnt being intimidating or a nusance just plodding along as he does minding his own business. You miss the point.

It would have been nice to be thanked, and if you aren't, then they are " ignorant arrogant bastards". Is that the point you were trying to make or the one you are now trying to brush over?

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
it does actually cos im as bald as a badgers arse.

:thumbsup:

OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

@ LYB! Im not brushing over anything I stand by what i posted. They were ignorant arrogant bastards! just a polite cheers would have been nice! IT WAS AN OBSERVATION.

OP
OP
S

SurlyNomad

Anyways, its bedtime. My lass said so! its been great having this discussion with you all and ive made some friends i think. Lets close this one now. :thumbsup:

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Arrogant twat !!!!!!!!!!!

Whilst I don't agree with everything Mugshot posted, that's the rudest thing on the whole thread!

I thought the point we were trying to make re manners was that we should be mannerly to make people happy, not throw horrible names at them because they have a differing opinion.

Manners aren't about "oh, look at me and my manners. I'm so much better than you!" in fact, that's not manners. That's rudeness with a fancy hat on.

Chris-H

Über Member
Whilst I don't agree with everything he posted, that's the rudest thing on the whole thread!

I thought the point we were trying to make re manners was that we should be mannerly to make people happy, not throw horrible names at them because they have a differing opinion.

Manners aren't about "oh, look at me and my manners. I'm so much better than you!" in fact, that's not manners. That's rudeness with a fancy hat on.
I beg to differ,the post i commented on deserved nothing better in my eyes and if that is genuinely how he feels then i feel my comment justified.I'm sorry you "dissaprove" at my comment and i apologise if it caused any distress.

Top Bottom