Tooth Ache :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Berties

Fast and careful!
Never had a problem with my dentist ,they fit me in pronto with problems,
If you are in pain still communicate with them,I had a tooth give me a load of pain,started the root canal that day pain goes straight away,just need a few revisits to remove any bits left,never hurt,don't let people put you off,now I am confident the tooth is pain free I am crowning it,

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
A second vote for clove oil . It stops the pain in seconds but that's mainly because you are too busy dribbling and trying to get the foul burning taste out of your mouth :laugh:

byegad

Legendary Member
Alternative pain killing is to hold a generous slug of whisky in your mouth for as long as possible.

The best way to use this is at a party where people keep talking to you, so you have to swallow in order to reply, take another slug, swallow to reply, take another slug... you get the idea! When you come round the hangover will make you forget about the tooth for several hours.

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
have it taken out, cheaper and t will never trouble you again

Sandra6

Veteran
I've had six children and one of them was almost 10lbs, and I'd rather give birth than have toothache -or go to the dentist!
Gargling with salt can help, also using a mouthwash. Clean your teeth atleast three times a day -but not straight after eating.
And try a good quality sensitive toothpaste like the new colgate one - rub it directly onto the tooth, like they do in the ad, it really does work.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I had toothache the other day and have always sworn by cloves. I get a clove, from the jar, and put it between gum and the inside of the lip/mouth as close to the source of pain as possible. It really helps, of course you hum a bit of cloves but its a pain killing method I have used until I can get to a dentist.

I have lived in this area for 6 months and having great fun and games finding a NHS dentist, can't afford to go private so my nagging tooth will have to go stuff itself until I can find someone.

postman

Legendary Member
Have it pulled out.I have had teeth filled only to get toothache in the same tooth days later.Then being told they could not see me for FOUR weeks.On to the tinternet and i paid for an emergency extraction.It was worth every penny.FOUR weeks i could not believe it.Get shut,it will only happen again.

Top Bottom