Tooth Ache :-(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

compo

Veteran
Wait 'till you have dentures and get toothache!

Fillings are money in the bank for the dentist. If it hurts have it out.

postman

Legendary Member
I had toothache the other day and have always sworn by cloves. I get a clove, from the jar, and put it between gum and the inside of the lip/mouth as close to the source of pain as possible. It really helps, of course you hum a bit of cloves but its a pain killing method I have used until I can get to a dentist.

I have lived in this area for 6 months and having great fun and games finding a NHS dentist, can't afford to go private so my nagging tooth will have to go stuff itself until I can find someone.

I have just been messing about on the NHS website and i have found a few dentists in your area of Norfolk,there is also a phone number to ring for advice.That is how i got my NHS dentist after great hepl on here.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I have just been messing about on the NHS website and i have found a few dentists in your area of Norfolk,there is also a phone number to ring for advice.That is how i got my NHS dentist after great hepl on here.
Thanks. Sometimes the website says that dentists are accepting people but when you ring them they say that they are not. I am determined to find one this week. Its my 'weekly project' for this week

postman

Legendary Member
Thanks. Sometimes the website says that dentists are accepting people but when you ring them they say that they are not. I am determined to find one this week. Its my 'weekly project' for this week

Yes i found that to be the problem when i started looking.So i telephoned the help line,They got me the dentist,it is in Leeds City Centre,but that is not a problem.Good luck with your enquiries.

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru
The antibiotics are starting to have some effect finally! Pain not quite as excruciating now, which suggests there is definitely an infection in there. Phoned the dentist this morning.......he doesn't work Mondays :cursing: :wacko:. Alright for some!

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
The antibiotics are starting to have some effect finally! Pain not quite as excruciating now, which suggests there is definitely an infection in there. Phoned the dentist this morning.......he doesn't work Mondays :cursing: :wacko:. Alright for some!
Take all of the anti biotics. Dentists don't usually like doing anything until the infection is all gone.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
My new dentist only works on a Thursday.:wacko:

OP
OP
G

gavgav

Guru
Dentist has now decided I need root canal treatment :eek:and booked in for the 4th December. The infection is clearing up and so hope it doesn't come back before then!!

Sandra6

Veteran
Root canals are not as bad as folk will have you think.
I had a serious dental phobia - to the point were the GP prescribed me sedatives just to get me in the chair.
I ended up with three extractions and two root canals aswell as having two fillings replaced. The worst part was paying for it all!
Listening to your fave tunes on your mp3 player can help the time pass.

Top Bottom